Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pretty sure somebody posted a similar video not lang ago, but I can't find it.

The last weeks my car startet to generate a rubbing sound on decelerating at slow speeds. It did not do this before, I have been driving in the same way the last 4 years, and something changed recently. What is this?

Video

·
Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
1,960 Posts
Odd sound. Gonna' be hard for someone to pin down unless they had the same noise, so here goes the guessing questions.
Have you checked under the vehicle for anything loose/rubbing? Have you checked at each wheel for the same?
When was the last time the front and rear diff fluids and the transfer case fluids have been changed?
If you've been driving the vehicle for a while you might have an idea as to what area it's coming from (left/right-front/rear) and that would be the place to look.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It only happens sometimes, and is more related to rpm’s than speed.

All fluids changed the last couple of years. Engine oil every year.

In the thread I can’t find some guy claimed a similar sound was normal, and some form of pressure management from the engine. But I am pretty sure this sound is new. It comes from front right side. Could be the air filter if it is a pressure thing. Or the wheel is coming loose.

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
I am pretty sure somebody posted a similar video not lang ago, but I can't find it.

The last weeks my car startet to generate a rubbing sound on decelerating at slow speeds. It did not do this before, I have been driving in the same way the last 4 years, and something changed recently. What is this?

Video
It's turbocharger surge. Same as the last thread.

Next..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts