Club Touareg Forum banner

201 - 212 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
415hp w/pulley upgrade, like 404hp w/stock pulley through Unitronic, screw the pulley.

·
Registered
840 Posts
415hp w/pulley upgrade, like 404hp w/stock pulley through Unitronic, screw the pulley.
Nah 450hp with stage II pulley and stage II tune. Apr, kmd, ecs lots of companies making the hardware and software.

·
Registered
270 Posts
yeah I wouldent touch APR with a 10ft pole, Unitronic does 450hp on the S4 with this engine and the pulley upgrade but thats a whole nother beast and if Unitronic decided to detune the Q7 a bit I would suspect its for drivability/reliability reasons that drive Q7 owners unlike the performance demanding S4 owners.

Plus the pulley is just as much as the tune, which costs more.. so its significantly more money for not as much in return.. the SC taps out torque pretty damn quick and the pulley dont give u much extra torque, despite the ponies.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #206
If I do go with the one, I have 16 months of CPO B2B warranty so not touching anything until it is good and over with. After that, it is another story :)

·
Registered
840 Posts
Woot woot congrats bro that's killer. You're going to love that thing. Make sure to stick around and then head over to Audizine and Pelican parts

Reactions: MMMZON

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #209
I will get myself registered shortly. Same handle, if I can get it. It is a darn shame since I did like Touareg as far as size, space, etc was concerned. Getting a lemon definitely was not planned for sure.

And indeed, Q5 with this engine flies if needed. Zero turbolag and even though I do live up quite high, it seems to be performing very well. The whole quatro is also a very interesting variation and gives the ride a new touch I was not aware could even exist.

·
Multiple v10tdi owner
(3)2004 V10tdi’s
839 Posts
I think you made the right decision. My wife likes my Q5 3.0 much more than her Cayenne GTS that I can’t remember the last time she drove the Porsche.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I'm not fond of the Quattro Ultra in the new Q5's, I'd never have it for my self but it'd be fine for my old lady..

The old fashioned fully mechanical Quattro in my Q7 is so much fun in the snow, just lay onto the pedal and go slideways with full control through the throttle and steering wheel... I tried to do that in a 2018 Q5 loaner I got when fixed back in February and nearly lost it.. didnt realize it was not gonna send more power to the rears so it understeered until I flicked it, then I nealy spun out.. reminds me of an R32 or Audi TT in the snow where it still feels like its a FWD but it dont get stuck in the gutter like a FWD.

201 - 212 of 212 Posts