Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where all the brown line from the compressor head goes. I am pretty sure it goes to the tire inflator at bottom front of the passenger seat, but does it go anywhere else. Is there pressure tank separate from the one in the trunk just for the tire inflator? Is there any electronic sensor associated with tire inflator?

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
It is the pressure line leading out of the compressor. It supplies the air reservoirs. I don't know if it goes through the valve block first or not, though.

According to the SSPs, both tanks appear to be joined as one system.

It seems like there is a magnetic reed switch that is activated when you screw in the factory tire inflator hose.

·
Registered
94 Posts
It is the pressure line leading out of the compressor. It supplies the air reservoirs. I don't know if it goes through the valve block first or not, though.

According to the SSPs, both tanks appear to be joined as one system.

It seems like there is a magnetic reed switch that is activated when you screw in the factory tire inflator hose.
The brown line goes to the tire inflator under the pass seat from the top of the compressor. It does not go through the valve block. The blue line from the valve block fills the reservoir.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The new compressor (that I bought online that was advertised as fitting a 2005 touareg) does not have the port on the compressor head that the brown linw attaches to. So when I installed it, I just left the brown line detached thinking it shouldn't matter to the normal operation of the rest of the air suspension system. However, the compressor will not shut off, until I pull the 40 amp fuse under the drivers seat. If, however, there is some sensor on the tire inflator, or the brown line has multiple destinations then it could be the culprit. What do you guys think??

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
You should be able to swap over the old fitting from your old compressor.

Or are you saying there's no place FOR the fitting??

The brown line MUST be attached. It hold air pressure constantly. If it blows or leaks, all air pressure will be lost. AMHIK. ;- )

You can google for the SSPs.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The compressor head on my new unit has a partially drilled hole without any threads. I suppose I could remove head drill out plug and tap in threads, then reinstall head, etc.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I tried that, they said I bought the wrong part and would have to pay shipping and restocking fees, even though there fitment charge specifically noted the 2005 Touareg V8. There contact was 12 hours off of my time, so I suspect china.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
If you didn't buy it from eBay or Amazon, you might be stuck with it. :- /

If that's the case, you can simply re-use your old head with the brown line fitting on it. Use the (hopefully) new piston ring and it should seat to the "old" head and see how it works.

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Does anyone have a wiring diagram that shows the three wire connector under the passenger seat that plugs into the tire inflator module. I am looking for the function of each of the 3 wires. The color codes are : yellow/yellow, Yellow/black and Yellow/blue

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
After cycling suspension to full up and full down several times the compressor now shuts off as it should. I suspect that the computer had to recalibrate itself as to where the full up and full down positions were. So if anyone else out there has problems with the compressor not shutting off, be sure to try cycling suspension to full and full down several times.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You can run a calibration through VCDS, it may take several attempts to actually stick. Ive replaced my air compressor after trying to rebuild the old one. Each time i replaced a component and remounted it ( in -10 c weather ) i would find a new problem. Also of note the mating threads are plastic to metal so they are easily stripped. To this day i still get an error code but only when selecting the "extra high" level in the selector knob. I suspect the back air shocks may be leaking but i still have no clue how to work in the tight fitting space, any advice would be appreciated

1 - 16 of 16 Posts