Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would need to route a couple of wires from the engine room to cabin. The task seems impossible...

Is there an ”official” hole somewhere that can be accessed without dismanteling half of the car...?

7P 2011 V8Tdi

·
Registered
511 Posts
At the base of the A pillar I recall you can feed a cable through. Inside the cabin you remove the fuse cover (either end of the dash board) and pull it through. I did this on my 7L. It was a few years ago but I think that's how I did it. I haven't tried on my 7P.

·
Registered
996 Posts
There is a large grommet immediately above the accelerator pedal on LHD models. You can access it engine-side by pulling the wipers and rain plenum from in front of the windshield.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is a large grommet immediately above the accelerator pedal on LHD models. You can access it engine-side by pulling the wipers and rain plenum from in front of the windshield.
Oh, this seems to be a solid advise! I’ll look into this.

Sounds a bit funny, that the grommet near the accelerator pedal is in line with wiper panels...

·
Registered
996 Posts
Oh, this seems to be a solid advise! I’ll look into this.

Sounds a bit funny, that the grommet near the accelerator pedal is in line with wiper panels...
There's very little access to the firewall from the engine bay without removing the wiper plenums. And they can't be removed without first removing the wiper arms and pantograph.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts