Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone going to bite the bullet and purchase a Ross Tech VCDS unit and was wondering what would be the best unit to get ?
I don"t use windows as I am a Mac person and was considering the newer version VCDS -HEX Net but the only version available in Australia is the Unlimited Version that retails for AU $987 .Does any one here have any feedback on this unit and is there anywhere else I can purchase the VCDS Hex Net unit for a cheaper price ?

Regards Kennyg Barwon Heads Vic

·
Registered
2013 Touareg R line V8 Diesel
392 Posts
I believe the Hex Net still requires a Windows PC for setup and it only comes in the 10 Vin or unlimited versions so expensive.

I would get the 3 Vin Hex-V2 Enthusiast plus the cheapest Windows laptop you can find to use with it .You probably have friends with old Windows laptops sitting in a cupboard for free

The cost from the Australian distributor is similar to buying direct from Ross-Tech in USA plus shipping. Anything cheaper will be a fake :)

cheers
Rohan

·
Registered
19 Posts
I know Ross-Tech says they don't support running their software in a virtual machine (VitualBox, VMware, etc), but that doesn't mean it won't work. A quick search of the Ross-Tech forum reveals many posts from users running HEX-V2 in a virtual machine

VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 10 x64(VMWare)
VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 10 x64(VirtualBox)

Even appears to run on Apple's new M1/2 chips
VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 11 arm64(arm64 CPU)(Parallels)

·
Super Moderator
9,745 Posts
I run mine via bootcamp with a copy of Win 7 that I had laying around. Works fine like that.

Reactions: Malaudi and sesser
1 - 6 of 6 Posts