Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve just joined Club Touareg recently on the tail end of purchasing a 2003 3.2 lt Touareg.
On the back seat was a cable (Ross Tech HEX + CAN VAG 17) Dual-K & Can <-> USB Interface for VCDS REV B.

Now Pardoned my ignorance but what do I do now ?

·
Registered
775 Posts
If it's a genuine Rosstech cable then consider yourself in luck and buy a lottery ticket!
Unless the cable was used by the seller to clear the millions of fault codes that the car had, to make it appear like it's got none, and now - as they will all get re-raised - OP will face all the faults it actually has.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The OP is going to need to find an experienced VW mechanic named Rosco P. Coltrain to figure out any issues if that is the case.....or maybe Cooter....

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Download the software from VCDS to a windows machine, and connect cable to machine and to purple OBDII port under drivers footwell. Turn on acc power and scan it, for starters.

Check out Ross tech tutorials, Ross tech forum, here and TDI club. I use both Mac and Linux machines, so I bought a used Dell for $115 delivered from new egg. I didn’t want to lug my MacBook Pro out for car work. It works great.

It’s a great resource, that was a great bonus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If it's a
Download the software from VCDS to a windows machine, and connect cable to machine and to purple OBDII port under drivers footwell. Turn on acc power and scan it, for starters.

Check out Ross tech tutorials, Ross tech forum, here and TDI club. I use both Mac and Linux machines, so I bought a used Dell for $115 delivered from new egg. I didn’t want to lug my MacBook Pro out for car work. It works great.

It’s a great resource, that was a great bonus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks so much for that I’ll see if I can get on the site during the week and download the software and I’ll give it a crack.
regards

·
Registered
295 Posts
Stating the bleedin' obvious but never ever make any changes using VCDS without having a secure original copy of what it is you are changing!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts