Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For sale: Ross-Tech HEX-USB+CAN Interface
Sold my T2, have this HEX-USB+CAN interface for sale; works well, have had zero issues with it. Documentation and SW can be downloaded from Ross-Tech.
$245, shipped within US.

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To be honest, I do not recall, but I doubt I would have purchased the unlimited VIN version -- I believe this is the 3-VIN version.

Does anyone know if there is a way to tell ? (I have the original receipt, purchased it in 2012 )

//Pancho

·
Registered
227 Posts
When I purchased mine, the receipt indicated the version specifically. However, mine was in 2015. You'd probably have to contact Ross-Tech. The device as far as I know is the same physically, the only difference is in the license which I believe is stored at Ross-Tech, not on the device.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, I called RossTech and also looked through some emails from when I originally purchased it....

Just to clarify and make sure it is clear to everyone (...this point was mentioned in another thread ):
  • The VCDS / HEX-USB+CAN has no VIN limitation
  • Ross-Tech does not do anything to "prevent someone from selling an interface, nor do they prevent anyone from buying an interface" on the secondary market -- but it comes with no license or support to the second owner. That doesn't mean it won't work, just that you have no product support.
  • If the second owner wishes to register the interface (for a full license and tech support) they need to go to Ross-Tech's registration page:

Ross-Tech: Product Registration and Activation
I hope that straightens everything out, sorry for not having all that info to start with...

//Pancho

·
Super Moderator
9,690 Posts
OK, I called RossTech and also looked through some emails from when I originally purchased it....

Just to clarify and make sure it is clear to everyone (...this point was mentioned in another thread ):
  • The VCDS / HEX-USB+CAN has no VIN limitation
  • Ross-Tech does not do anything to "prevent someone from selling an interface, nor do they prevent anyone from buying an interface" on the secondary market -- but it comes with no license or support to the second owner. That doesn't mean it won't work, just that you have no product support.
  • If the second owner wishes to register the interface (for a full license and tech support) they need to go to Ross-Tech's registration page:

Ross-Tech: Product Registration and Activation
I hope that straightens everything out, sorry for not having all that info to start with...

//Pancho
To add to this you can buy it, never register it, get all the updates for it and continue on. I bought mine from a similar situation such as this and have had it for years without registering it to my name at all. These cables are a must have if you own a VW or Audi vehicle!!

Reactions: Pancho
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.