Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's some pics for my latest addition.
Having used RTT's for over 40 years I did some research before purchasing this one and ended up going for a Darche Hi-view 2 RTT with an annex.
Slept in it for a few nights and a thunderstorm one night with no water entry.
So far so good :)

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Marshatherton
The tent and rack that it mounts to is under the 100kg max load set by VW.
I cant notice any difference to handling, and there is no noticeable additional body roll.
The only thing you detect inside the cars is a bit more wind noise, and of course the fuel consumption would go up a bit to, but again I haven't noticed any difference.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Marshatherton
I cant notice any difference to handling, and there is no noticeable additional body roll.
The only thing you detect inside the cars is a bit more wind noise, and of course the fuel consumption would go up a bit to, but again I haven't noticed any difference.

what about when one or 2 people get in it ?

regards
Drag

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Static load . . . except when they're shagging!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Drag
What do you mean 2 people?
I get the whole family and the dog and cat up there. LOL

Noobytoogy beat me too it.
The rating is a dynamic rating as he said and while there is obviously a limit what you can put up there, the design safety margin will cover any reasonable static load even with "shagging" included. My wife commented how stable it felt. No movement at all.

Anyway I'm quiet confident it's fine as long as one is sensible

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
"No movement at all"?

You're doing it all wrong!!

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Drag
What do you mean 2 people?
I get the whole family and the dog and cat up there. LOL

Noobytoogy beat me too it.
The rating is a dynamic rating as he said and while there is obviously a limit what you can put up there, the design safety margin will cover any reasonable static load even with "shagging" included. My wife commented how stable it felt. No movement at all.

Anyway I'm quiet confident it's fine as long as one is sensible

So in the owners manual/specs it specifically mentions a static load vs. a dynamic load on the roof rails ?

regards
Drag

·
Registered
20,430 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
To change the subject, nice example of a Bunya Tree in the background.
I noticed that. No trees quite like that here in Canada.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes it's a great Bunga pine in my farther in laws back yard in Barrington NSW
Hi Pandy,

I just wondering what size platform do you use? I purchased Rhino platform 1528mmx1238mm 42100B with RX022 feet, the cross bar was short and I have to fit platform little bit back, and now the platform is not level with a small angle.

please let me know what kind of setup are you using? your platform with roof tent looks very nice and level.

Thanks

Michael

·
Registered
1 Posts
Marshatherton
What rack are you running, Thule
Hi Pandy,

I just wondering what size platform do you use? I purchased Rhino platform 1528mmx1238mm 42100B with RX022 feet, the cross bar was short and I have to fit platform little bit back, and now the platform is not level with a small angle.

please let me know what kind of setup are you using? your platform with roof tent looks very nice and level.

Thanks

Michael
i second this, The people need to know

1 - 15 of 15 Posts