Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am about to order a set of these roof rails tomorrow.Total price to be shipped to my house will be $714.00.These Roof rails are solid aluminum and they can be put on and taken off at any time.The best part is that their will be no wind noise.I will update when they come in next week.Later

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These are actually made for the cayenne but i have talked to a few on the Porsche forums and they all have said that it should not be a problem at all and they should fit perfectly.That is why i want these because i cant keep putting my surf boards in the car all the time.Plus i have thule racks and some othe accessories that i would like to keep useing.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you are talking about the cross bars...Yes the more than likely will make wind noise.But the roof rails themselves should not.I have a Thule wind deflector sitting around so that will solve any noise.Just cant wait to get it on the Treg to see what it looks like.I am really excited about this one.Later

·
Registered
25 Posts
VW roof rails

I got the V8, and the roof rails were included in my package (I bought one that was ordered by someone else, then cancelled, so I don't remember if the rails are part of the standard premium package, or another add on.)

Anyway, they slide usiing a key to unlock. I've only had them together in the back, but I haven't noticed any discernable noise.

I've had Thule racks in the past, and the locking mechasism looks like a Thule to me.

Brad

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Racks

The racks that come on the Touareg is standard on all Touaregs and thule made the locks that fit into the stock racks.There should be a code on it somewhere and you should be able to get some more keys to fit your thule racks with the Touareg key.I had seen this in a thread on another forum.The racks that came with the Touareg in my opinion are not good racks and you can not really put anything on it with the lip on top of the rack itself.That is why i ordered the porsche Cayenne Roof rails.Those are totally different than the stock ones that are on the touareg.You get no wind noise and you can attach thule bars across them and the big plus is the aluminum roof rails are also removable to.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Roof Rails

The rails came in today when i had gotten home from surfing today they were sitting in the garage.Well when i had put them on they are a little off.The Porsche rails are a half inch smaller than the Touareg rails but that did not stop me from putting them on.They still fit on the Treg pretty good with a little adjustment.Turns out that i really like the look of it also.They weigh very little also,so weight is not a factor.The stock rack are heavy compared to those.All it takes are three feet and three bolts and it screws right in.Took me about 15 min to do the prodject.Here are a few pics so you can see what it looks like.Oh yea...and their is no wind noise at all when i drove it just over 60 MPH.Hope you like it.Later

Attachments

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
azlinbackr said:
Comin along greatly!!!! good work and keep it up. Thanks for all the info and pics!!! What's next for the surfer?
In about a month the company called Scosche should have the new stereo connector made for the Touareg for aftermarket Stereos i am getting a dvd player for the Lil' one and nav for me plus i already have the 9815.It will all be alpine in the vehicle.After that i am getting the 20'' rims that VW is putting out here on the market real soon. hopefully really soon.Later

·
Registered
85 Posts
How much modification had to be made to make them fit?? I would love to get a set.

Thanks

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I had gotten these from www.suncoastmotorsports.com.When you put these on though they are off just a little .on the cayenne the feet fit right into the slots of the rails on the vehicle.On the Touareg they dont fit in the slots.You just have to adjust them to set the rails in the right spot and it does not hurt them at all.Also the rails on the cayenne are shorter than the Touaregs so when the rails are on the Touareg their is about a half inch of extra rail sticking out the back.All in all it still works but you just have to adjust it a bit.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.