Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While pricing our potential new ride I asked for storage accessories for the touareg (if they exist). What do you all recommend for pack rats like ourselves that need every damn thing in the world for a football game day? I'm thinking of one of those aerodynamic black box thingies in the event we can't fit all of our junk in the back (yes, hard to believe, but my wife is the worlds largest packer). thanks for the input.

regards,
jon

·
Registered
104 Posts
Having Yakima equipment from previous vehicles, I tried to stick with them. Thule seems to folllow the same philosphy as below.

Just about anyone's tubular basket will attach to our factory rack (it specs out to 240 lbs). I got a Yakima Loadwarrior, its extension, a Sherpak 10 waterproof bag, and a bungee net. Works great. Easily taken on and off as a whole.

Our German Shepherd rides behind the seats, so luggage either goes on the back set or on top.

Any Yakima or Thule mount will fit on their basket's bars like their regular bars. Nice. Yakima also makes basket-based mounts for a spare tire, shovel / axe, high-lift jack, and off-road lights.

It is too easy to accessorize your roof. Beware.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hspiva

[/quote]It is too easy to accessorize your roof. Beware.

Is there a structural problem that I have to be aware of? More than likely the rack will have to be something easily stowed. I'm not looking for the suburban mom and dad thing (no offense) :grin: Just need something for the tailgating season (ie. strap the EZ up to the rails i 'spose). thanks for the input. I'll check out Yakima and Thule.[/quote]

·
Registered
866 Posts
Re: Hspiva

wahoo99 said:
It is too easy to accessorize your roof. Beware.

Is there a structural problem that I have to be aware of? More than likely the rack will have to be something easily stowed. I'm not looking for the suburban mom and dad thing (no offense) :grin: Just need something for the tailgating season (ie. strap the EZ up to the rails i 'spose). thanks for the input. I'll check out Yakima and Thule.
LOL. No, I think he was warning that it's easy to spend a lot of money on roof accessories, if you let yourself get carried away! ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
hspiva said:
... I got a Yakima Loadwarrior, its extension, a Sherpak 10 waterproof bag, and a bungee net. Works great. Easily taken on and off as a whole. ...
Kinda like this:

Yakima landing pads & control towers in factory track, 48" bars, load warrior plus extension, Sherpak Go 7 in front, full sized spare in back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.