Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I bought roof racks from ebay to my touareg. The package had no manual or similar with it.

The fitting seems very tight so I am wondering if I am mounting them correctly. How are these supposed to be mounted. The fit the rails just fine, but when trying to close the hatches, they are super tight. Can this be adjusted or could I be missing something? The hatches close but barely and do not click as I would expect.

Also, am I installing them the right way? I mounted the longer (side) piece to rear and the shorter to front.

-Tomi

·
Registered
909 Posts
You have them in place correctly, longer base to the rear. The latches are tight; just be careful to mate the latch with the notch in the top rail, the tolerances are very close.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You have to close the latch while at the same time pressing the little black plastic pin on the inside of the mounting downwards, otherwise you could break the latch.

Regards

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just to update this thread a little. If you are talking about OEM crossbars, mine have a strip of rubber in the T slots. If the rubber extends under the black plastic locking cover, it will not close easily, too much binding. Mine is a 2012.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts