Club Touareg Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I am confident in my purchase of the Thule Force XT L it holds 16 cu ft cargo which is needed to accommodate my needs. Yes it is shorter than most 16 cu ft cargo boxes (just 74 inches) and it is a few inches wider too.
i am sure to post pros and cons of it on my upcoming next adventure in a couple months.

Several Club Touareg Members, in various posts, say Thule brand works great for them. Of course Thule has many different sizes and models to choose from.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
So any advice on putting my Malone AirFlow2 crossbars onto my rails? Seems getting exact measurements to make perfect 90 degree is important to know. Obviously, I have zero experience with this. on Thule they say measure 47.5 inches from the rear hatch line for the front crossbar so there is no interference with hatch. But that too is approximate based on their photos. UGH.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
So any advice on putting my Malone AirFlow2 crossbars onto my rails? Seems getting exact measurements to make perfect 90 degree is important to know. Obviously, I have zero experience with this. on Thule they say measure 47.5 inches from the rear hatch line for the front crossbar so there is no interference with hatch. But that too is approximate based on their photos. UGH.
Just follow the factory indentations on your roof rails, those little indentations are where you are supposed to put the cross rails. You may have to play with them slightly forward or behind that in order to reduce wind buffeting

Reactions: Viking Lady

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I installed the Malone AirFlow 2 crossbars this morning. My rails did not have any notches for placement options, so I used the front door jam as a guide. I put a 29 inch spread between the bars - which should be fine for the cargo box.
I tightened down the crossbars with the tool, and will drive a few times then retighten them.
Since I have never installed crossbars before, it took me a good half hour with all the measuring and re-measuring.

Car Automotive tail & brake light Land vehicle Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Sky Vehicle Automotive carrying rack Cloud Car

Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Motor vehicle

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Looks good 😎

Reactions: Viking Lady
41 - 45 of 45 Posts