Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all, hope you are enjoying your touareg a !

I wish to remove the movable roof bars on my 2006 tai, is this a simple process, please advise

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
yep unlock and slide to the position in the rack where they can be detatched

Reactions: Justinhartwell

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
you do have a key dont you ???? Otherwise you are stuffed ....

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
you do have a key dont you ???? Otherwise you are stuffed ....
I think replacement keys are available either from VW or I believe Thule. Each lock has a semi unique code which should be visible on the face of the lock. A key can be cut from this number.

Stuart....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys and gals, yes I have the key so should be straight forward. Out of interest my drivers seat with lift and lower pump handle seems to lower the seat all on its own after I have lifted it to required position, any ideas on a fix please

·
Registered
684 Posts
read the manual first they can be a bit tricky to unlock.

if they haven't been used for a while I would spray the lock and mechanism with lube and when turning the key press on the side tab to take the pressure off the key lock.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Thank you guys and gals, yes I have the key so should be straight forward. Out of interest my drivers seat with lift and lower pump handle seems to lower the seat all on its own after I have lifted it to required position, any ideas on a fix please
Common and well known issue experienced by many of us.

You can buy a plastic part from your VW dealer that fits on the edge of the seat to stop your big fat arse hitting the lower each time you exit the car.

Take time to read the buying a Touareg thread in my signature below to learn a lot more about your car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts