Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This isn't a specific thought regarding the use of the VAG-COM module as much as it is needing someone to donate theirs for a couple of minutes.

I'll be taking a roadtrip across the country, traveling from South Dakota to Florida to relocate my family before mission dictates that otherwise. As I'll be traveling through many states (South Dakota, Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky, Tennesee, Georgia, Florida) along the way, I was wondering if any experienced VAG-COM user would be interested in hooking their's up to my Touareg to modify the following inconveniences/annoyances:

Establish the Daytime Running Lamps (DRL) as an option in the MFI menu.
Set the low beams and fog lamps to remain on when using the high beams, if the option exists.
Disable the annoying seatbelt chime.
Disable the navigation acceptance screen.
Disable the chime for the TPMS (one of my sensors is apparently going bad and dings at me incessantly, but I have no intention of replacing it anytime soon at these prices if it won't affect the drivability of the vehicle).

I will also be attempting to contact individuals on the VAG-COM locator (I haven't gotten any hits yet) website as well, so sorry if this request is redundant for you.

Your willingness to devote your time and efforts would be appreciated; I don't have this device myself and are grateful for those willing to share. We will be on the road in a little over a week's timeframe. Thanks for your consideration.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
We are in MN near the Twin Cities if you want to venture a bit north for some Vag-Com help. Also, we are doing a TPMS group buy for 4 sensors and valve stems for $360 if you want to get in on the group buy, IM me and respond to the TPMS Group Buy post.

Happy travels and good luck!

Nancy

·
Registered
200 Posts
I'm right by Offutt if you are driving through here. Just need to let me know when since I work nights.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm right by Offutt if you are driving through here. Just need to let me know when since I work nights.

Wish I had seen this in time - ended up staying overnight at Offutt. Sorry, thanks though!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UPDATE!

To anyone interested in lending a helping hand... we, of course, arrived safely in Florida where my family now resides while I am currently deployed to Afghanistan for a year plus.

We never got to do any modifications with a VAG-COM while I was on leave before punching out, so I am still looking for someone in the Miami, Florida area willing to link their's up with our Touareg in my absence if they have time. I'll have someone contact you and bring my Treg to a location that is the most convenient for you.

Assistance, again, is greatly appreciated!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts