Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Im about to embark on a 4500km road trip through the center of Australia i'm wondering what are the essential items mechanically for a trip this long. I have got two full size spares, max tracks recovery gear and straps but lost for what else I will be needing in terms of spares and specially tools, I have the basics but what else would u guys recommend taking. The trip total is about 120 hours driving.

2013 Touareg TDI

·
Super Moderator
1,624 Posts
Are you venturing off the bitumen?
Have you worked out your fuel burn to ensure you will be able to comfortably get to the next planned/available stop?
Towing a camper/caravan?
What water supplies are you carrying?
Travelling on your own in company of other vehicles?
Do you have a VCDS (Rosstech) cable/OBDEleven scan tool and laptop? (To scan for errors or problems - makes troubleshooting by phone to a qualified mechanic so much easier)
Air compressor, oil?
Basic tool kit including a full set of Torx Drivers, Triple Square driver set, fuses, UHF and/or Sat phone.
If heading off road, send itinerary to appropriate Police Stations, with expected check in times etc.

And finally.... have fun. A great adventure to some pretty iconic and desolate landscape.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you venturing off the bitumen?
Have you worked out your fuel burn to ensure you will be able to comfortably get to the next planned/available stop?
Towing a camper/caravan?
What water supplies are you carrying?
Travelling on your own in company of other vehicles?
Do you have a VCDS (Rosstech) cable/OBDEleven scan tool and laptop? (To scan for errors or problems - makes troubleshooting by phone to a qualified mechanic so much easier)
Air compressor, oil?
Basic tool kit including a full set of Torx Drivers, Triple Square driver set, fuses, UHF and/or Sat phone.
If heading off road, send itinerary to appropriate Police Stations, with expected check in times etc.

And finally.... have fun. A great adventure to some pretty iconic and desolate landscape.
Yeh im doing about 400km off road. Planning on going through about 5-6 tanks have got a spare 20 liter steel jerry is that enough for reserve i've worked out a fuel map? Not towing anything as im on my P's. Got 80liters water between two cars and go radios. ill look into those tools cheers for the list. Any recommendations for an OBD? scanner preferably that works with mac.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Spend about $10 and download all the manuals you can find for your Treg at;
erWin

Copy the files to a CD or a USB stick and carry it with you so you have a repair manual onboard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts