Club Touareg Forum banner

1541 - 1548 of 1548 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Touareg Sport with Nave package.
9 Posts
Do I just extract the Zip file from the Mega site for 0711 directly to the SD card or does it need to be in specific file/folder format?

I checked my version last night and I'm at 0319. I extracted the Zip file directly to an exFAT formatted SD card (exFAT was the only option I had for formatting) but I want to make sure the format of the SD card and the file structure is correct before I attempt an update and screw something up.

·
Registered
152 Posts
It must be FAT32 to be recognised by RNS (use a FAT 32 Utility).
It shall be decompressed in the SD root.

For EU FW HN+_EU_VW_K0821 trere are two folders in the SD Roo and the file metainfo2.txt :
metainfo2.txt

·
Registered
111 Posts
When the red screen appears the situation is bad. The shudtdown timeout shall be interrupted via terminal serial link to the DVD box.

See attached doc.
I was able to install the SD card with the K0711 firmware and it updated so the unit is back to life!!!

I just pushed in the SD card and it simply updated by itself.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I
It you press PHONE + SETUP again it will get you out of the setup menu. You are correct in that '0319' is your current software version. It would not surprise me if the HD Radio Fix didn't change the major version number, but I'm not an expert on how VW does their software releases.
mine reads the same as your photo shows and i am trying to update maps. Did you end up making any changes?
Thank you

·
Registered
9 Posts

• Do I just extract the Zip file from the Mega site for 0711 directly to the SD card or does it need to be in specific file/folder format?

I checked my version last night and I'm at 0319. I extracted the Zip file directly to an exFAT formatted SD card (exFAT was the only option I had for formatting) but I want to make sure the format of the SD card and the file structure is correct before I attempt an update and screw something up.
    Did you just extract it to the sd card?
  • What did you end up doing?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Just follow the instructions exactly. You extract it to an SD card of a specific size thats been formatted to exFAT explicitly.

1541 - 1548 of 1548 Posts