·
Registered
438 Posts
Who has the most recent firmware for the rns850? I need the download

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi everyone!

I read on forum that some guys had version 0170 and then updated to version 711. I'm interested on version 0170. Does anyone have it?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Version 0711 download link:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Unfortunately I do not. I would never go backwards in firmware though.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I'm not saying that won't work, but if its bricked I bet its completely shot :(

·
Registered
153 Posts
I think so ... in any case before to upgrade the map there is an automatic software compatibility check.
If it is not you will be not allowed to go on.

If you look inside the MAP SD you will find an excel file with a SW compatibility table.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I bought an update there: vag-technikhttp://i.ebayimg.com/00/ | eBay Stores
It cames on 3 sd card, Installed and very satisfied.
Ya I bought that for my 2011 2 years ago. I have a friends car that has an odd screen that his sister found on the green menu and now it is stuck on this failed update screen. The RNS850 was acting funny so she thought she would fix it while borrowing the car. She searched online and found something about the green menu and pushed an update button. But she did not have an update disc.
$_1.jpg

·
Registered
153 Posts
When the red screen appears the situation is bad. The shudtdown timeout shall be interrupted via terminal serial link to the DVD box.

See attached doc.

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
You wouldn't happen to have an NA images for the RNS850 lying around. lol. Oddly I have a RS232 communication cable that I use on my RNS510.

Is there software to use with the RNS850?? ie: eeprom reader/writer in a user friendly software??

·
Registered
153 Posts
You wouldn't happen to have an NA images for the RNS850 lying around.
Sorry I don't. I have EU if you would like to recover the situation but at the end you'll need a NA.
Oddly I have a RS232 communication cable that I use on my RNS510.
Is there software to use with the RNS850?? ie: eeprom reader/writer in a user friendly software??
RS232 is not OK. You will blow the RNS. You need a TTL serial cable 3V like the one in the doc.
You just need putty serial software. Nothing else.

·
Registered
153 Posts
The cable I have is a USB to rs232 rl com port that I only use rx tx and ground to read the eeprom inside the rns510.
If it is USB to RS232 it is a risk. Look at the doc attached.

1521 - 1540 of 1548 Posts