Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a 2016 LUX VR6 around two months ago, and I was in and out of the local dealership complaining about my stereo and how much it truly sucked for such a nice, expensive car...

Everytime I was told that the EXEC. package had an upgraded system, but the cost would be to great to justify the means. I really was so frustrated that I was considering getting rid of the car. That is how bad the sound in these cars actually is. One day at the dealership another Tourareg owner came up to me and told me a story about how Volkswagen yet again was cheating the system. He told me that he had simply changed a code in the cars computer to redesign the sound system enternally! He told me a friend of his actually has a Touareg with the Dynaudio system and that his sounds just as good but without some of the onscreen options.

Months went by with me not doing anything until I reached out to a local shop that only works on VW's, Audi's, and Porche...I stopped in and asked one of the technicians if he had ever heard of such a thing...well short story long...15 minutes later I was back on the road with what felt like a brand new, high powered, great sounding stereo system! Please if you have not done this yet. DO IT!!!!

On another note, why? Why would Volkswagen not give you the very best that the car can offer as far as sound?

Peace

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
So I bought a 2016 LUX VR6 around two months ago, and I was in and out of the local dealership complaining about my stereo and how much it truly sucked for such a nice, expensive car...

Everytime I was told that the EXEC. package had an upgraded system, but the cost would be to great to justify the means. I really was so frustrated that I was considering getting rid of the car. That is how bad the sound in these cars actually is. One day at the dealership another Tourareg owner came up to me and told me a story about how Volkswagen yet again was cheating the system. He told me that he had simply changed a code in the cars computer to redesign the sound system enternally! He told me a friend of his actually has a Touareg with the Dynaudio system and that his sounds just as good but without some of the onscreen options.

Months went by with me not doing anything until I reached out to a local shop that only works on VW's, Audi's, and Porche...I stopped in and asked one of the technicians if he had ever heard of such a thing...well short story long...15 minutes later I was back on the road with what felt like a brand new, high powered, great sounding stereo system! Please if you have not done this yet. DO IT!!!!

On another note, why? Why would Volkswagen not give you the very best that the car can offer as far as sound?

Peace
Code to activate this ?
regards
Drag

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Technician used the Rosstech software with a cable that connected underneath the steering wheel...

Module 56 "radio"
Long Coding "7"
He changed byte 4 "this is really byte 5...the first byte is 0"

Original Code was 02 00 07 02 01 00 00 00 01
Dynaudio code is 02 00 07 02 00 00 00 00 01

In essence change an 01 to a 00...

He then told me that it would take a while for the computer to reset, getting in and out of the car, locking and unlocking, turning the car on and off. This is real!!!!!

peace

·
Registered
154 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Touareg VR6 FSI
550 Posts

Peace
Feels like you've gone to stereo heaven right??? lol
After doing this myself I couldn't understand why VW didn't just activate them all. Maybe a selling point for the Exec package?

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Code to activate this ?
regards
Drag
Mine is a MY12 and the coding was slightly different and changing the 01 to 00 in the same byte location didn't seem to do anything as far as i could tell.
It would not accept the change to the posted coding so i just left it as the 01 to 00.
Well locking the car and then unlocking and restart has made what i believe is a profound improvement to the stereo.

Good stuff gents i was like others and was very disappointed in the stereo but this now feels great.

regards
Drag

·
Registered
452 Posts
Did this a few years ago...100x better....why did vw do this? to up sale dynaudio simple as that....the factory stereo was the worst ive ever owned before recoding.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Volkswagen likely did this to make their top of the line Dynaudio stereo sound that much better. Quit talking about "Volkswagen cheating again" crap. LOTS of manufacturers do this exact stunt. This biggest difference is, Volkswagen allows us a direct connection to the stereo system to adjust it. Other auto makers dont. There are many, many more Easter eggs in Volkswagens than just this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just picked up my touareg about a month ago, changed the coding last weekend and the difference is night and day. Thanks for the info

·
Registered
1 Posts

Peace
Interesting, thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks so much for the information!! I just bought a 2010 v6 tdi. I drive a lot 3hrs one way to work once a week. The radio quality sucks when I’m not listening to an audio book. I’ve seen a thread somewhere else about recoding the radio but didn’t know the sequence till now. I really appreciate all your posts!! Thanks so much!!

only thread I’m waiting for now is a better way to carry a full size spare similar to how Jeep does theirs. So far haven’t found what I’m looking for.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Thanks so much for the information!! I just bought a 2010 v6 tdi. I drive a lot 3hrs one way to work once a week. The radio quality sucks when I’m not listening to an audio book. I’ve seen a thread somewhere else about recoding the radio but didn’t know the sequence till now. I really appreciate all your posts!! Thanks so much!!

only thread I’m waiting for now is a better way to carry a full size spare similar to how Jeep does theirs. So far haven’t found what I’m looking for.
Whats wrong w/ the factory inflatable fullsize spare??

·
Registered
154 Posts
Without Hijacking Thread about the RNS850 and Dynaudio....

Search and you will find: One option - Spare wheel carrier

·
Registered
2 Posts
I need a replacement spare as the one I have the tire is ruined. Would like a a different setup.
in the meantime where do you buy the replacement tire?

·
Registered
154 Posts
I need a replacement spare as the one I have the tire is ruined. Would like a a different setup.
in the meantime where do you buy the replacement tire?
Purpl... this is not how forums work. You research your issue. If you do not find an answer after "trying" to find something, then you open a new thread. You DO NOT talk about an issue in someone else's thread. That is called Hijacking and is frowned upon. This thread is about "RNS850 & The Dynaudio long coding". Discussing other things besides that takes away from the conversation and annoys those looking for information specific to the original post.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, do you need the rns850 to do this coding? Or can you still do it with the standard radio (rcd550)
Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Technician used the Rosstech software with a cable that connected underneath the steering wheel...

Module 56 "radio"
Long Coding "7"
He changed byte 4 "this is really byte 5...the first byte is 0"

Original Code was 02 00 07 02 01 00 00 00 01
Dynaudio code is 02 00 07 02 00 00 00 00 01

In essence change an 01 to a 00...

He then told me that it would take a while for the computer to reset, getting in and out of the car, locking and unlocking, turning the car on and off. This is real!!!!!

peace
Does anyone know if there is a shop in East Tx or North TX that can do this for my stereo.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Look up VW Vortex or tdiclub Who has vagcom in your area. No dealership will have access to it or have one handy.

Also, This exact programming mod is only for the RNs. 850

1 - 20 of 27 Posts