Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found an article that explains how to access the RNS 850 command line (like Linux) using a Serial TTL connection.

My RNS-850 appears to boot, but some modules do not load properly. It has the 'latest' firmware update (which is probably why it doesn't work right).

Just curious if anyone has ventured down the path of looking at boot logs of the system to diagnose why they have issues. It appears that once you are able to telnet into the system you can operate it like a typical unix box.

Has anyone had any luck with this?

·
Registered
265 Posts
It´s running QNX.

I modified a script and backed up the entire drive to a sd-card.

Is there anything specific you would like a look at?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a 2013 Touareg Exec with RNS850 software version

HN+_US_VW_P0146
MU Software: 0706

However it does not work correctly. Several functional software components are either wrong, missing or do not load properly. For example my backup camera does not work and the Bluetooth audio is not working.

I want to know if there is a way to diagnose it and or re-load a working firmware/ OS on it.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll give it a try.

In the mean time, I'm curious if anyone knows where the DSP (Dyn Confidence) audio setting files are stored. I looked through the 711 image and didn't see any obvious settings files. Curious if anyone has ever snooped around with a serial connection over a TTY terminal (Putty etc...) I'd love to figure out how to adjust a few things in the DSP presets.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts