Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my VCDS setup yesterday, didnsome tweaks this morning; gear number on cluster, side view mirror tilt down during reverse, and the Dynaudio profile. HOLY CRAP what a sound improvement. That was the one thing I didn't like about my Treg... now it sounds amazing, almost on par with the Bose system I had in my Maxima. I might at some point do a speaker upgrade, but as of right now it sounds killer!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm a novice when it comes to any sort of coding. What products do I need to purchase to be able to do these sort of things? I just recently heard about the sound upgrade and would LOVE to do that. Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
485 Posts
You will need the VCDS cable and software which you can buy from Ross-Tech at the link below.
I bought mine from an Australian company (not Ross-Tech) for half the $199 price and it's not limited to three VIN #'s.

You will also need a device running Windows 7 or newer. I have a notepad running Windows 10 that I exclusively use with my cable for my Treg.

https://store.ross-tech.com/shop/vchv2_ent/

·
Registered
2 Posts
So doing it yourself is easy? Is there any way you can super stuff up the car? What sort of things can we do? There is probably another thread for all this. If there is, can you please direct me there.

Thank you!

·
Registered
485 Posts
So doing it yourself is easy? Is there any way you can super stuff up the car? What sort of things can we do? There is probably another thread for all this. If there is, can you please direct me there.

Thank you!

No one can unless we know what year/model Treg you have. Only then can we direct you.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I just got my VCDS setup yesterday, didnsome tweaks this morning; gear number on cluster, side view mirror tilt down during reverse, and the Dynaudio profile. HOLY CRAP what a sound improvement. That was the one thing I didn't like about my Treg... now it sounds amazing, almost on par with the Bose system I had in my Maxima. I might at some point do a speaker upgrade, but as of right now it sounds killer!

Just turn your bass down a bit or you'll be needing to replace those speakers sooner than you wish to.
The sound IS amazing. Such a shame that the sound profile was dampened all because the Dynaudio wasn't a feature in our Tregs.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Sorry, new to the club!

I have a 2013 Volkswagen Touareg V6 TDI 7P Auto 4MOTION MY13.
Someone (not me) is probably going to ask you to update your profile...Sorry NoobyT

Anywho...check out these threads Especially the first one...post #10 Then check out the others. Of course...you'll need a VCDS cable to do any of them.
Also your radio needs to be the RNS850.

https://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f45/audio-system-upgrade-to-dynaudio-system-81963.html

https://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f80/t3-vag-com-mods-68193.html

·
Registered
292 Posts
Would this procedure work on an RNS2 as well or it's specific to the RNS850?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Okay - I successfully did this through VCDS, but no Dynaudio profile. What am I doing wrong? I did it twice (verifying that I changed the correct byte) and the coding is correct. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Only two things I could think of to ask you...
1- Do you have an RNS850 infotainment system?
2- Did you hit Do It and have VCDS verify that the coding was accepted?

Youtube video for coding below

Attached is a picture of the RNS850

·
Registered
136 Posts
tracking
I just put an offer in on a 2011 Touareg TDI LUX- will have to check this out if I get it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yes to both. And, with VCDS, twice. One time I did it and, after having nothing materialize in 3 weeks, I checked the code and it was correctly modified. So I put it back the way ti was and did it again and it 'stuck' the second time. So I'm puzzled. Is there some cycle of opening the door-closing the door-turning the ignition on-turning the ignition off - patting my head and rubbing my tummy that I've overlooked?

I tried doing the chicken dance, but it just made the neighbors laugh.

Only two things I could think of to ask you...
1- Do you have an RNS850 infotainment system?
2- Did you hit Do It and have VCDS verify that the coding was accepted?

Youtube video for coding below

Attached is a picture of the RNS850
View attachment 233332

·
Registered
485 Posts
Ok so when we say Dynaudio profile you know we basically mean it changes the sound to a richer fuller sound with a lot more bass. It doesn't give you any of the adjustability functions like a true Dynaudio system.
When you coded it did you notice that your sound dramatically improved, especially the bass?

·
Registered
92 Posts
No - no real change. I also didn't get that picture of a violin that I see in some posts, nor did I get any new options in the "Volume" setting. Should I be expecting this?

Ok so when we say Dynaudio profile you know we basically mean it changes the sound to a richer fuller sound with a lot more bass. It doesn't give you any of the adjustability functions like a true Dynaudio system.
When you coded it did you notice that your sound dramatically improved, especially the bass?

·
Registered
485 Posts
No - no real change. I also didn't get that picture of a violin that I see in some posts, nor did I get any new options in the "Volume" setting. Should I be expecting this?
You will get no violin.... no new options. What you should get is a boost in the sound spectrum, especially bass. Change the coding back to factory. Listen to your favorite song and adjust it for good bass. Now do the coding change to the Dynaudio profile. You should hear a huge improvement in bass. So much so that you'll have to turn the bass down quite a bit.
If not then I'm at a loss as to whats not happening for you. Maybe someone else will know.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just did this a few days ago to my 2015 Lux, it is significantly richer sound. Had to turn down my bass and treble and be careful the volume doesn't go too high.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have The Dynaudio system and wish I could get this improvement in bass you guys are talking about. I need to do an SPL test, but it seems like some low frequencies are way over powered while others are quite underpowered.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts