Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off the phone with my local dealer, and confirmed that the new update will be in stock within about two weeks. I found the update on the German VW site, and it hasn't quite filtered to US dealers yet, but should be available when VWoA gets their stock in from the Vaterland.

https://shops.volkswagen.com/de_DE/...ten-nordamerika-v9-für-rns-850-7p6051850an-11

Activation Document (v9) -- 7P6051850AN, supersedes 7P6051850AJ (v8)
SD Card (v9) -- 7P6051236AN, supersedes 7P6051236AJ (v8)

My maps are still the stock maps that came with my Touareg (2012 maps). This past weekend I was "offroading" on a highway, because the maps were so out of date.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I wonder if we could buy it on that site and take it to our dealer to install? With the current exchange rate, the update from the German site would only cost us around $200 instead of $400 here in the US.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I wonder if we could buy it on that site and take it to our dealer to install? With the current exchange rate, the update from the German site would only cost us around $200 instead of $400 here in the US.

Any thoughts?
That is a fantastic idea... Makes the update much more in line with what I think it's worth...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Cannot believe the aussie maps are nearly double....we have less roads WTF

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ordered the V9 update for western Europe 2 weeks ago from my VW dealer and I am still waiting for conformation.I am travelling up north for ski vacation next week and its nice to have the latest roads in your map system.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anyone tried this update in North America? If yes, did you notice a difference? I see it's available now for purchase in Canada. Driving in the Toronto area I haven't noticed many issues with the old map version from my 2011, just think it's time to update them. Thinking of using the monopoly money we are getting from VW to update the maps.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Has anyone tried this update in North America? If yes, did you notice a difference? I see it's available now for purchase in Canada. Driving in the Toronto area I haven't noticed many issues with the old map version from my 2011, just think it's time to update them. Thinking of using the monopoly money we are getting from VW to update the maps.
Hey that's a good idea - would be interested to see if it's worthy. So far there is just one highway that isn't on my 11 maps ( though I think the road was there in 11?)

·
Registered
93 Posts
..what monopoly money? Are touareg owners getting something out of the VW scandal?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts