Club Touareg Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
sorry, didn't delete my reply in time. i thought i saw in another thread you were having 'medium' errors.

·
Registered
12 Posts
No problem (y)

By the way, I read that some guys updated firmware using CD(or DVD). Is that a more trusted/solid way of updating than using SD card?

·
Registered
176 Posts
The SD card is likely more reliable and it was a piece of cake to use.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello everyone!!
I am upgrade fw and maps, but I have a problem with activation !
I extract files to sd formated card, I put i card slot 1,enter engineering mode update and I have this message .
"the medium is currently not available path:"
I repeated the way to upgrade fw. are I wrong? thanks in advance

·
Registered
176 Posts
That means you likely didn't format as fat32. Reformat your SD card as fat32 and repeat the installation process.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hello everyone!!
I am upgrade fw and maps, but I have a problem with activation !
I extract files to sd formated card, I put i card slot 1,enter engineering mode update and I have this message .
"the medium is currently not available path:"
I repeated the way to upgrade fw. are I wrong? thanks in advance
I think you need to reread the instructions and follow them precisely!!! You are not do it correctly!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I follow exactly as it is written !!
1. I put fw files to sd card and upgrade to p0824
2.I put maps files to sd card-enter engineering mode-upgrade-user defined,and I everything with the letter n I modified to y choosing instead of the script application.The installation took about 3 hours.
Now I have system information fw is P0824 and maps 6.28.2
The navigation starts but after a while the message indicates that it should be activated.
I ask you, is it the same activation process as the installation of fw and maps, I put the activation files on the sd card but i get the message as above what i wrote !!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I follow exactly as it is written !!
1. I put fw files to sd card and upgrade to p0824
2.I put maps files to sd card-enter engineering mode-upgrade-user defined,and I everything with the letter n I modified to y choosing instead of the script application.The installation took about 3 hours.
Now I have system information fw is P0824 and maps 6.28.2
The navigation starts but after a while the message indicates that it should be activated.
I ask you, is it the same activation process as the installation of fw and maps, I put the activation files on the sd card but i get the message as above what i wrote !!
Please except my apologies, I thought you were doing a N.A. version v12 update. I have no idea about the European version procedures. I am sure someone will have the information you need. I do have one question when you formatted the sd card are you giving the card a name or file number I know that was a requirement for the N.A. update also see if in the instructions they list the actual files needed on the sd card? I know from personal experience that these things can be tricky. Good luck!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Please except my apologies, I thought you were doing a N.A. version v12 update.
I have been following several threads on the RNS 850 update. In the N.A. update the activation sd cad is installed when the RNS is in the Nav mode and is only inserted into sd slot 1 when prompted and left in till the activation process is completed. We do not use the green menu to do the firmware or map updates.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for your reply! Because I did everything from the procedure exactly as it says, but I don't give the ss card after formatting any name, that's the only thing I didn't make and what name should I assign to the card? hope someone has the answers to these questions as I am currently out of navigation!

41 - 54 of 54 Posts