Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Here are the new maps for Europe, 2019. And the latest FW.

6.28.2 and P0824 with green menu activated.

Thanks to our fellow Touareg owners in the east.

Thanks for the link, do you know if the firmware fixes the Bluetooth issue for the models that also have a slim slot?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope so, but I believe that VW doesn't think of it as an issue needing fixing.

Will update later today and check.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had to extract the files on a Windows computer (used WinRar), they would not extract without corruption on Mac (a known bug).

The FW installed right away.

Had to use "User Defined" to install the maps, currently installing now. Selected "VW_ECE", "Navi Persistence", "MapStyles" and "TMCConfig". Into each subfolder and selected "Application" on each and everyone.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had to extract the files on a Windows computer (used WinRar), they would not extract without corruption on Mac (a known bug).

The FW installed right away.

Had to use "User Defined" to install the maps, currently installing now. Selected "VW_ECE", "Navi Persistence", "MapStyles" and "TMCConfig". Into each subfolder and selected "Application" on each and everyone.
Did you check to see if the bluetooth issue is still present?

What improvements does the new firmware add?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maps installed correctly on first attempt in "User Defined" mode.

Can't find a change log, and could not see any obvious differences.

Didn't check bluetooth yet, need some more time in the car.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Helio,
You have to activate the green menu via vcds.
Once it is activated you access it by pressing set up and car together for a few seconds while the ignition is on. To get out of it you will have to reboot the rns pressing phone climate center knob nav traffic all at once.
The green menu will let you enable and tweak some features of your T. Search in the forum, there is plenty of info available.

Gabriel

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Helio,
You have to activate the green menu via vcds.
Once it is activated you access it by pressing set up and car together for a few seconds while the ignition is on. To get out of it you will have to reboot the rns pressing phone climate center knob nav traffic all at once.
The green menu will let you enable and tweak some features of your T. Search in the forum, there is plenty of info available.

Gabriel
The green menu is already activated in the linked firmware.

Bluetooth and sim is still not friends.

Had to use the linked “fix” to activate the maps.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The green menu is already activated in the linked firmware.

Bluetooth and sim is still not friends.

Had to use the linked “fix” to activate the maps.
I'm having an issue after updating the firmware I cannot enter the green menu. I've looked with VCDS and the bit from adaptions 6 is set to 1.
I've also tried the activation script from the green menu, but it seems that the script doesn't execute because I don't get to load the begin and end screens.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Are you sure the green menu isn’t working? Can you confirm the installation of the firmware was successful?

I had to wait a few minutes after first reboot to get it working, and it’s always a little tricky with a slight delay between pressing the two buttons.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Both :)

They are numbered 1-3.

1. FW
2. Maps
3. Fix for possible error codes in VCDS.
Thanks m8.
Have never updated the maps before, and haven't seen exact instructions for these files, or maybe I am looking in the wrong place. I better make sure before I start. :smile2:
I have enabled the green menu with vcds earlier.

Do I put put the firmware(i.e part1 unzipped) on the sd card on it's own first and then perform the fw update ?
When this has been completed and updated do I repeat with the maps (i.e part 2 unzipped), and do I use user defined instructions as per the link posted earlier ?
Is battery charger connected same as engine started re. updating ?

I am currently on HN+_EU_VW_P0822
7P6060884C ECE 6.22.3

1 - 20 of 54 Posts