Club Touareg Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Does any one know if the RNS 850 maps (later than I have at least) has the exit number in the turn guidance script?
Our 2016 Town and Country had that and my wise assured me that our old but upgraded RNS 510 did too.
Would upgrading the maps or the firmware give that information on our new to us 2012 TDI Touareg?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Not to my knowledge. It provides the road or exit name which corresponds to the exit sign on the highway. Exit number would definitely be handy, but you get used to it. With the distance and progress bar, the exact exit is fairly definitive.
If you use the split screen functionality in the NAV and show the Exit list alongside the Map, it adds more definitive info.

I can't remember if it says it in the voice guidance though.

Does any one know if the RNS 850 maps (later than I have at least) has the exit number in the turn guidance script?
Our 2016 Town and Country had that and my wise assured me that our old but upgraded RNS 510 did too.
Would upgrading the maps or the firmware give that information on our new to us 2012 TDI Touareg?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello! New member here! I'd love to update my RNS850. I recently bought a Touareg 2013 and the maps in it appear to be original.

Don't hesitate to contact me via PM if you can help with this process.

Thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
I bit the bullet and installed the firmware and maps in my 2012 TDI Exec yesterday.
I hooked up a battery charger to keep the battery up and the only problem I has was it started raining and I was using a charger/maintainer that would let the voltage get higher than I wanted after the battery was charged.
After the update I did a VCDS auto scan and found a few problems.
A couple of the modules recorded a high voltage fault, but they recovered when cleared.
The Infotainment.
Here is the scan of that module:
Tuesday,20,August,2019,16:44:29:25118
VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 10 x64
VCDS Version: 19.6.1.0 (x64) HEX-V2 CB: 0.4508.4
Data version: 20190529 DS308.0
www.Ross-Tech.com

VIN: WVGFK9BP6CD001603 License Plate: CONNIE1
Mileage: 99956 Repair Order: 006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Address 5F: Information Electr. Labels: 4E0-035-6xx-5F.clb
Control Module Part Number: 7P6 035 664 D HW: 7P6 035 664
Component and/or Version: H-BN-NA H44 0706
Software Coding: 020200050040E1EF41022B0E00000003F00001010000000000
Work Shop Code: WSC 31414 790 00001
VCID: 392F2D76195FB32FCD7-806C
3 Faults Found:

03276 - Please Check Software Version Management
000 - -
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01100000
Fault Priority: 6
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 88
Mileage: 160868 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2019.08.20
Time: 16:40:11

Freeze Frame:
Text: DUA001,Front,M,0,0,6

03175 - Invalid Data Set
000 - -
Freeze Frame:
Fault Priority: 2
Time: 16:40:09

Freeze Frame:
Voltage: 14.00 V

03623 - Invalid Security/Release Code
000 - -
Freeze Frame:
Fault Priority: 6
Time: 16:40:10

Freeze Frame:
Hex Value: 0x0004
Hex Value: 0x0009
Count: 7

Address 5F: DTCs cleared
I assume that this has to do with the cracked authorization code etc.
Does anyone know how to clear this or is it best to just leave it and enjoy the maps?
I assume that everything will just keep on working.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bit the bullet and installed the firmware and maps in my 2012 TDI Exec yesterday.
I hooked up a battery charger to keep the battery up and the only problem I has was it started raining and I was using a charger/maintainer that would let the voltage get higher than I wanted after the battery was charged.
After the update I did a VCDS auto scan and found a few problems.
A couple of the modules recorded a high voltage fault, but they recovered when cleared.

I assume that this has to do with the cracked authorization code etc.
Does anyone know how to clear this or is it best to just leave it and enjoy the maps?
I assume that everything will just keep on working.
I have a 2012 TDI Lux and just did the firmware update to 0711, so that I could also update my nav maps. I have an OBDeleven and it has showed me the same code errors at address 5F as your VCDS did. Nevertheless, it seemed to work fine so I cleared the code faults and drove for a few days. I then decided to do the Radio control 56 modification that gives you the Dynaudio amplifier profile. Like several others here, I could not get the 56 module to respond and it was always blacked out on the OBDeleven software. I tried a lot of things to get it active, including several five finger reboots of the RNS850...... well...... the last time the media unit booted up, I lost sound from all of the speakers except the front passenger side. The sound was also cutting in and out as if a relay was switching on and off. I tried several more reboots and pulled the radio fuse, but nothing has worked.

One other member reported a very similar problem when he installed a new head unit. It turned out to be a software issue where he had two radio control units 56 in the Gateway and they must have been conflicting with each other. This tells me that my problem is definitely a software/coding issue in the 5F address (Information Control Unit) , but I can't figure out how to fix it.
I'm wondering if using the online firmware offered here on the 2012 with MU 0319 might be a problem. There may be another step to this process that we don't know about (like the dealer connecting up to the VW mothership).

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2012 TDI Lux and just did the firmware update to 0711, so that I could also update my nav maps. I have an OBDeleven and it has showed me the same code errors at address 5F as your VCDS did. Nevertheless, it seemed to work fine so I cleared the code faults and drove for a few days. I then decided to do the Radio control 56 modification that gives you the Dynaudio amplifier profile. Like several others here, I could not get the 56 module to respond and it was always blacked out on the OBDeleven software. I tried a lot of things to get it active, including several five finger reboots of the RNS850...... well...... the last time the media unit booted up, I lost sound from all of the speakers except the front passenger side. The sound was also cutting in and out as if a relay was switching on and off. I tried several more reboots and pulled the radio fuse, but nothing has worked.

One other member reported a very similar problem when he installed a new head unit. It turned out to be a software issue where he had two radio control units 56 in the Gateway and they must have been conflicting with each other. This tells me that my problem is definitely a software/coding issue in the 5F address (Information Control Unit) , but I can't figure out how to fix it.
I'm wondering if using the online firmware offered here on the 2012 with MU 0319 might be a problem. There may be another step to this process that we don't know about (like the dealer connecting up to the VW mothership).

Turns out that the problem had nothing to do with the new firmware. When playing around with the OBDEleven to try to get Radio 56 to show up in the control module list, I had clicked on some other media devices, rebooted and it populated the list. I think there may have been some interference with this module and 5F. When I unclicked it, cleared all faults, repopulated the list, switched off the ignition, removed key and then restarted, BINGO the stereo sound returned. Again today, I was playing around with Radio 56 and 5F unclicking one, rebooting obdeleven, etc.. and yes, the problem returned. I once again put all the control modules back on the list like originally, cleared faults, turned off then restarted the car and again, problem solved.

My only remaining problem is that I simply cannot get Radio 56 module to turn green for programming. Looks like I'm going to have to borrow a Ross-tech cable and VCDS software.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts
About this Discussion
66 Replies
31 Participants
probegtze
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing