Club Touareg Forum banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
To be honest I never contemplated that.
If someone could instruct me how to extract the files for sharing I'd be more than happy to do that.
Unfortunately, I don't have any idea. I had in mind you were talking about something like jinstall is holding up.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Unfortunately, I don't have any idea. I had in mind you were talking about something like jinstall is holding up.
Minus the fancy case to keep the SD cards in I do have that.
I don't think I'd sell the maps/activation SD cards, but if someone could instruct me how to safely extract the files off of them so that they would actually work for someone else, then I'd do that. Would copying and zipping them work?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think copying and zipping them up or just making an image of the sdcard is the best that you and I can do.

I don't know if I can use them like that but I'd be willing to give it a shot.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Map Update in 2015 Touareg RNS850

So I try to be loyal to my local US North American VW dealer. I called parts and asked for sofware to most recent maps. First person had no idea what I was talking about, second person transferred me to service who put me on hold, then disconnected me. I then reached out to [email protected] who asked me for the VIN of my vehicle, plus version of software. He confirmed I only needed the map, so for $109.99, I got VW SD cards plus instructions. I did the install 2 days ago, using a battery charger as it truly does take a bit over 2hrs with the ignition on most all the time. Follow the instructions to the letter, and everything will work fine. I have to believe it would have been a couple hundred at least for the US/North America maps installed by the dealer, as you can't get them from VWofA on-line, not to mention the hassle of bringing the car in. Awesome job to Julian who answered every one of my questions and properly shipped the cards out, always saying if there were any problems to reach back out. Highly recommend going this route.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Hi, I went down the paid version for Australia cost is $330 from Autofidelity in Melbourne for the latest maps no probs.
Good news, that's a 50% saving compared to getting it done at the dealer.

What is the map version installed? Did they also upgrade the firmware?

Can you please share a picture from showing the map and firmware version?

Finally, how long did they take to do the map update? Moorabbin is not too far from my place. May be an option to upgrading mine with the latest version.

·
Registered
42 Posts
No the firmware wasn't updated, I think it took around 1.5hrs. I had a tow module and Redarc electric brake controller installed as well so can't provide exact timings.

I tested the update with a fairly recent street addition and it was found on the GPS.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
So I try to be loyal to my local US North American VW dealer. I called parts and asked for sofware to most recent maps. First person had no idea what I was talking about, second person transferred me to service who put me on hold, then disconnected me. I then reached out to [email protected] who asked me for the VIN of my vehicle, plus version of software. He confirmed I only needed the map, so for $109.99, I got VW SD cards plus instructions. I did the install 2 days ago, using a battery charger as it truly does take a bit over 2hrs with the ignition on most all the time. Follow the instructions to the letter, and everything will work fine. I have to believe it would have been a couple hundred at least for the US/North America maps installed by the dealer, as you can't get them from VWofA on-line, not to mention the hassle of bringing the car in. Awesome job to Julian who answered every one of my questions and properly shipped the cards out, always saying if there were any problems to reach back out. Highly recommend going this route.
I do it for a hair less than half of that price :wink2:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bought a 2012 tdi RNS850 with no version listed. MU software: 0319. Any suggestions how to update/know the software? Is this between Gen and Gen 2? (PS: gas mileage sucks after the diesel fix.)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bought a 2012 tdi RNS850 with no version listed. MU software: 0319. Any suggestions how to update/know the software? Is this between Gen and Gen 2? (PS: gas mileage sucks after the diesel fix.)
I have the same issue...

On the "Engineering - Current software version" page I have:
Most software version: VW
MU Software: 0170

·
Registered
28 Posts
So what i'm wondering is how different these maps are compared to the stock maps that were in my 2012. I just updated everything and well maps seems the same haha

·
Registered
75 Posts
I just bought a 2012 TDI Executive Touareg that had been modified by VW and sold at auction with ~90,000 miles and I want to check the status if the RNS 850 and maps and also add the rear view camera that was left off due to the Tsunami in Japan.
When I realized the RVS was not there I was very disappointed as well as finding that it did not have the six CD changer either.
Caveat Emptor I guess, but the car is in good shape and runs well.

I would PM yrktreg to see if he could upgrade the RNS 850 as we travel back to Florida from Ohio, but as a new member I cannot send him a PM to check. Perhaps he is subscribed to this thread and will read this and send me a PM with this contact information so we can get together.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts
About this Discussion
66 Replies
31 Participants
probegtze
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing