Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

This evening I tried to update my firmware on the unit, it got to the gateway part, roughly 72% (2nd to last section) on update/percentage status screen. It said along the lines; swl failed, and ejected the firmware cd, it then went to a black screen with white writing, then stayed on that for a while like it froze, so i put the firmware cd back in the slot and it turned completely off with the cd still inside, Now the unit wont turn on at all! nothing! no buttons work, power button dont work, nothing, tried turning the car on and off via ignition and still nothing. not sure what to do! please help anyone with ideas please? Bow DownBow Down I no longer have music, sat nav nothing! just non working unit! :mad::mad::anger::anger:
Cheers in advance! :confused:

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,175 Posts
did you have keys in ignition when update was being performed?

Lock the vehicle...leave for 45 minutes. Then try it again.

Where did you source the firmware update from? How did you burn it (what medium, program and speed)?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HI, I had the key in the ignition the whole time while it was performing the update. The firmware I received version V5238 pre loaded on to a clean cd. along side the maps update version V13. I've had the car locked overnight as you should anyways as I got Pi?sed off with it, So i will see if it turns on this morning before I go to work. I have a day off tomorrow so any good ideas to solved this as I will spend all day tomorrow to get it to work again. Its killing me knowing I have no music! Its just not responsive at all and the firmware cd is still inside I cant eject it.

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,175 Posts
Never...NEVER have the key in the ignition when performing a firmware update. Did I say NEVER enough?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On lunch break .....update......this morning the unit turn on by itself, I ejected the firmware CD, the unit told me to reset unit pressing and holding down eject, setup and speaker/I buttons, it reset, the unit asks for swl CD, I put it back in, it goes as far as the loading screen with the ok and cancel touchscreen buttons but won't let me select ok or cancel, so I did the reset again ejected the CD, I now it's in the welcome screen with two red bars one top one bottom, asking for swl CD, so now stuck! Do I get another copy elsewhere or find a download online for me to burn?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also just left the car and the unit is still on, going to come back most likely to a flat battery by the time I finish work today, great! The screen/unit won't turn off now

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
update....flat battery, Rac call out!, the update failed, the touchscreen doesn't work,

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,175 Posts
As you are in Europe.....I direct you to this thread and seek assistance there
VW RNS 510 & Skoda Columbus I - Firmware GUIDE & DOWNLOADS - Page 32

The information you are (not) providing makes it difficult to make an informed suggestion. At best, I believe you may have a corrupt version of the firmware, but you haven't told me enough details to know where you sourced this version from.

At worst...you have fried the motherboard.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update.....I managed to get it back to factory, but the touchscreen doesn't work, plus no sound from speakers, any ideas any one? Also I tired the link but it would only allow me to extract part one only, not part 2 & 3 not possible to unzip the two files to be able to burn to cd.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
On all attempts it's goes to radio on the loading screen roughly around 24%+ it doesn't continue and ejects the CD. Then blank screen, press the power button then swl loading comes up, then back to square one again.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
update....

I used reset software I downloaded online today; burnt to disc, it restored not fully but to basic screen, so the radio, sat nav, maps buttons and screen worked but NO touchscreen so usable, steering wheel controls (Volume) no longer work, details on the in-dash screen and the unit can't turn off via power button or when locking the car, I have to pull out the fuse so it don't stay on permanently.
I had one last go with the 5238 disc, it gets as far as the radio loading section about 24% on that section, then spits the cd out, and then error message. I used the disc I got, I used the online josi 5238 part 1, even the josi 5274 part 1 update, all no luck! :anger::anger::anger:
I manage to get a set of keys and this is the main details on the unit:confused::confused::
HW: H11
SW:1102
7L6 035 680 B
B 02.03.2009
Radio Nav
CONTINENTAL

----------------Any help please Bow DownBow Down

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,175 Posts
Given that you have had so many failed attempts with this "firmware" cd you acquired from 'somewhere', you still insisted in giving it 'one more try'. Your logic IMHO is flawed.

When downloading *zip files that have 3 parts.....download all 3 and store them in one folder. Then unzip part #1 only. The compression software will unzip parts #2 and #3 automatically...leaving you with one file. THAT is the file you burn to disc using the approved formats.

If you have any questions regarding "Josi's firmware", please direct them to the forum link I provided earlier.

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
If you load the wrong firmware version for your unit you can destroy the units hardware. The radio board is from all reports very vulnerable. Tread carefully and read carefully the information SteveL has posted.

Reactions: VWT0UR08

·
Registered
336 Posts
As we say:

"Don't let the manufactures smoke out. It's very hard to squeeze back in...."

Tread carefully, loading corrupt firmware may render the unit inoperable.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you all! I did put all into one folder, I unzipped part 1 only, but still the other two dont unzip. just part one.

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,175 Posts
I will download Josi's 5238 for you, then provide you with a link for the complete file and burning instructions on how to burn the firmware.

Probably have the information to you in about 24hrs. OK?

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
Thanks Steve, that might just save him a new Head Unit..... ?

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,175 Posts
you have an email and a PM :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts