Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my VW Touareg for over a year now and never really looked into the internal HDD (pathetic I know) because I have my iPod connected via AUX cable.

- The HDD option is greyed out on my screen, what does that mean? If I click extras it does state a capacity of 20GB and it's free.

- Do I have to copy music to it in order for it to be available for selection?

- How do I copy music to it?

I can see various forums online but none give a simple "from stratch" answer. If someone can help me out I would be very very very grateful.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Hi there

You need to stick some MP3's onto a SD card and insert it into the unit. You can then select the SD card and copy the files onto the Hard Drive which will then enable the HDD button to be selected. Apparently you can also copy them from CD/DVD but I haven't had any success yet....perhaps they need to be MP3 files (i.e not normal audio cd's)

Cheers
S

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorted

Got myself an SD Card for £6 and now have it all sorted, very impressed and it's simple to copy the MP3's across.

Thanks for the initial reply.

Can't believe I have had the car nearly 2 years and not utilised this. I was simply using my iPod before via AUX connection. This is a million times better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts