Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Learner
4,733 Posts
Were you updating the nav unit or just changing various settings?
Run a scan with vcds and see what 5f reports. If you have saved a copy of your scan then use that- copy the long coding and save it. Else get 5F long coding from another similar setup Touareg

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Run a scan with vcds and see what 5f reports. If you have saved a copy of your scan then use that- copy the long coding and save it. Else get 5F long coding from another similar setup Touareg
It wasn't my intention to update. I was just playing with some settings and then when I tried to get back to the main screen it happened. What do you mean by 5f?
Cheers.

·
Learner
4,733 Posts
It wasn't my intention to update. I was just playing with some settings and then when I tried to get back to the main screen it happened. What do you mean by 5f?
Cheers.
Do you have vcds? Run a scan and report in errors from 5F module ie Information electronics ie settings in the nav/mmi

·
Registered
304 Posts
Two key words in the screen shot. “3G” and “no media”

Looking for a 3G SIM card and not installed I would assume.

Did it reboot into the normal screen or is it dead?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers.
Do you have vcds? Run a scan and report in errors from 5F module ie Information electronics ie settings in the nav/mmi
No. I don't have a VCDS. I have an OBDeleven but when I scan it the 5F module is not active as it wouldn't communicate with the OBD. I'm gonna get a VAGCom from Ross Tech next week and see if it works.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Two key words in the screen shot. “3G” and “no media”

Looking for a 3G SIM card and not installed I would assume.

Did it reboot into the normal screen or is it dead?
When it starts I get the green screen as you can see in the attachment and then after 2 seconds it switches to the red one. Also there is no red light on the buttons of the unit.

Attachments

·
Learner
4,733 Posts
Cheers.
No. I don't have a VCDS. I have an OBDeleven but when I scan it the 5F module is not active as it wouldn't communicate with the OBD. I'm gonna get a VAGCom from Ross Tech next week and see if it works.
That should help. Whack in the previous coding, hopefully that’ll do it

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers.
That should help. Whack in the previous coding, hopefully that’ll do it
Got the VCSD today. I did an autoscan which throws a bunch of errors yet the module 5F cannot communicate with the scanner. Don't know what else to do except for taking the car to the dealership.

·
Learner
4,733 Posts
What codes, can you share the scan... also in mmi are you able to change any settings?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will post the scan result as soon as I get back home. No. I can't change anything in settings as I don't have access to anything. The only things I get are the green and the red screens. Also the buttons of the unit don't light up.

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Long long shot, but does the 5 finger reboot do anything?

Your stuck in some type of perpetual update.

Press: phone, climate, center round button, nav, and traffic buttons at the same time.

If that doesn't work maybe try a battery disconeect for 15-20 minutes to make sure everything powers down.
You can disconnect the negative terminal of the battery in front of the driver seat. IIRC it is a 13mm socket you'll need.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Did all the things you suggested. No luck. I ended up removing the MMI and sent it to someone to get it fixed. Thank you all for all advices.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry to hear sir!

Hopefully they don't rake you across the coals too bad for that.
The guy charged me USD 250 to get it fixed and updated to the latest firmware + latest maps and activation.

·
Learner
4,733 Posts
Is it done, installed back and working?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Installed it back and it is working....or better said kind of...
When I am on the radio the sound is intermittent and comes out only from the right speakers. When streaming media through BT sound is OK but again comes from the right speakers only. Any idea?

·
Learner
4,733 Posts
Installed it back and it is working....or better said kind of...
When I am on the radio the sound is intermittent and comes out only from the right speakers. When streaming media through BT sound is OK but again comes from the right speakers only. Any idea?

Seems it hasnt been reset to original settings.
One thing that can surely cause this is the mismatch of green setting and CAN gateway. Both must be matched as it was originally.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts