Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made this job.
The tutorial is in Italian.
If someone is interested in any detail I can translate some parts.

Ciao

Matteo

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Buongiorno/Buonasera Matteo,

Very nice work! I bet that brings a nice improvement!

Where in Italy do you live? I have a work project starting up near Savona later this year. I love it there.

Ciao!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Buongiorno/Buonasera Matteo,

Very nice work! I bet that brings a nice improvement!

Where in Italy do you live? I have a work project starting up near Savona later this year. I love it there.

Ciao!
YES, the improvment is more than nice :)
I live in Milan in the north side of Italy... Savona is on the sea ... :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Miazza, I know it has been a few years but was the document by chance translated to English? I would be happy to donate via PayPal if it could be. :) I will be doing something similar to mine and it would be very helpful!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do not remember if I translated it. I can check in these coronavirus days ... I have plenty of time.
By the way I have improved it with a 500W ampli dedicated to the the Sybwoofer plus a AUDISON DSP.
Sound is now fantastic :) !!!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Miazza, I know it has been a few years but was the document by chance translated to English? I would be happy to donate via PayPal if it could be. :) I will be doing something similar to mine and it would be very helpful!
Save Miazza's PDF, then head over to translate.google.com and choose the Documents option. The result won't spit the photos back at you but it's easy enough to tell where they were and the translation is pretty good.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Save Miazza's PDF, then head over to translate.google.com and choose the Documents option. The result won't spit the photos back at you but it's easy enough to tell where they were and the translation is pretty good.
Yep, that worked.. Thank you!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I do not remember if I translated it. I can check in these coronavirus days ... I have plenty of time.
By the way I have improved it with a 500W ampli dedicated to the the Sybwoofer plus a AUDISON DSP.
Sound is now fantastic :) !!!
Did you use speaker inputs on the DSP? I am curious if there is there a way to code the head unit to Dynaudio and use line-level outputs instead of speaker level. My B6 Passat radio was the same on Dynaudio systems and non-Dyn. The head unit would bypass the internal speaker amplifier if it was feeding an external Dynaudio amplifier which would be cleaner for going into a DSP.

I would love to hear yours!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you use speaker inputs on the DSP? I am curious if there is there a way to code the head unit to Dynaudio and use line-level outputs instead of speaker level. My B6 Passat radio was the same on Dynaudio systems and non-Dyn. The head unit would bypass the internal speaker amplifier if it was feeding an external Dynaudio amplifier which would be cleaner for going into a DSP.

I would love to hear yours!
Yes. Finally I removed the SLI2 adapters and entered directly of the DSP (Audison BitTen D).
There is also the possibility to use an optical adapter (there is one from Audison but also a cheaper one from a Russian supplier) but this would imply a recoding that I did not want to do.
Also in this way it will be much easier the system disassembly when I will sell the car :).

Should you need any assistance, please feel free to ask.

I can tell you that the sound now is more than acceptable and my wife does not allow me to pump the volume more than 50%. I enjoy only when I'm alone or with the childs :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Sorry to ask but how did you remove the spare tire cover? How is the front of the cover attached to the car?

Sent from my ASUS_Z01GD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry to ask but how did you remove the spare tire cover? How is the front of the cover attached to the car?

Sent from my ASUS_Z01GD using Tapatalk
It is not attached.
You can just pull it up and pull it outside of the car.
It's so easy to take it out and a little less to put it back but after a couple of times you can manage easily.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Miazza,

I took the easy route.

I installed a Match PP 82DSP today, no tuning yet. 55 x 4 to the doors.

55 to a center channel (future) and RCA’s to a servo sub (future).

I have everything but the the most expensive item. Time.

I hope to find that this weekend to tune the 4 door channels( time alignment, high pass, maybe eq) and put in a conventional amp/sub to use while I finish the servo sub fiberglass enclosure.

Your guide was invaluable for my install. I can’t thank you enough for paving the way!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm really glad that my guide has inspired your creativity :).
Time is the more importante resourse for our life and this is something I know very well.

One thing I learned while doing this job: there is no hurry to complete the job and more time you take and more you'll enjoy the result at the end.

One project at a time :). keep us informed with pic about your progress and enjoy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts