Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has experience with these units. I've seen several Russian YouTube videos that show that these Android boxes work fairly well. Problem is that I do not understand Russian and the installation documentation its lacking...

From what I can tell, this will allow the RNS 850 to retain all OEM functionality and simply adds the Android interface. I've seen a couple different ways to enable it - either via NAV button being pushed twice or a long press of the OK button on the steering wheel.

Really hoping someone has used this system or something similar and can provide feedback as well as an installation guide.

The biggest downfall for my Touareg has been the outdated RNS 850 compared to newer vehicles today.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Android-GPS-navigation-box-video-interface-for-Volkswagen-Touareg-RNS850-system-with-cast-screen/32808175642.html

One example of what appears to be an Android interface box.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I agree, interesting. Down here about the same price as a dealer map upgrade.

I assume that the unit installs in the rear next to the main OEM unit. If so then the microphone and GPS antenna connection will be a pain to route to somewhere they can be useful.

It is not clear how area view will be retained - it is mentioned as an option in a manner suggesting you install separate cameras? The vectoring rear camera in the video did not look stock so that is an extra install. What I am getting at is if you have OEM area view and rear camera then does this system use the same cameras or if you do not have then I presume the system can add cameras and provide similar function?

Many questions before I would spend $500

1 - 5 of 5 Posts