Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just sold our 2006 Touareg and I removed the RNS-510 setup I installed a few years back. This includes the NAV unit with VIM enabled, Bluetooth module with Mic, MDI module with long 30-pin iPhone cable and much sought after canshack can bus adapter. Also includes SiriusXM and NAV antennas. I had these mounted in the dash under the center mesh grill and they worked great.

Everything you need for the upgrade, just plug and play. Looking to get $1,700 for the whole kit including shipping to the 48.

-Kevin

·
Registered
261 Posts
Very nice, I just picked up a 07 Vr6 Fsi touareg with a bad oil pump, I paid the same amount for the truck as your asking for the nav unit. I'm interested but the asking price is very high (yes I know how much it would cost new)

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Pm sent

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, I thought so. But, if all goes well tomorrow it will be sold.

-Kevin

·
Registered
734 Posts
Take pics tomorrow or it didn't happen! Have fun guys...if I weren't heads down at work I'd be hanging out with you tomorrow!

Reactions: Pilot

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SOLD!

Initial install was a bust, but Pilot worked some Autozone magic on the way home and got it running. Good luck with the final install and enjoy it!

-Kevin

·
Registered
480 Posts
SOLD!

Initial install was a bust, but Pilot worked some Autozone magic on the way home and got it running. Good luck with the final install and enjoy it!

-Kevin
LoL Kevin i couldn't drive home without some noise in the Treg , it was a pleasure meeting you , the unit works fine , i just need to get a new Camera controller , I'm hoping to find one here ,
i hope you don't mind me posting some pictures ( on the build thread )

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello :)

I have Touareg 2008 and original rns 510 (7L6035680A) in there.. But I got new rns510 (7E0035680D). Everything is working except one scrolling button on the steering wheel. Is there any possible to enable this button for this rns510?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Hello :)

I have Touareg 2008 and original rns 510 (7L6035680A) in there.. But I got new rns510 (7E0035680D). Everything is working except one scrolling button on the steering wheel. Is there any possible to enable this button for this rns510?
Hi
If you changed the buttons to the newer column that has the phone controls you may need to do some coding , I installed the rns510 and it worked fine without any mods to the steering wheel buttons ( still have the old one )
I will let u know when I start installing the new one .

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi
If you changed the buttons to the newer column that has the phone controls you may need to do some coding , I installed the rns510 and it worked fine without any mods to the steering wheel buttons ( still have the old one )
I will let u know when I start installing the new one .

Thank You for reply,

I originally have buttons with the phone controls. I did nothing with buttons. I just changed the rns510 (7L6035680A) to the newest rns510 (7E0035680D). And now I can not scroll button to change radio stations, or music, or whatever I want to search. I need to do it on rns 510 head unit.. But all other buttons are working.. Only scroll button does not operate the head unit :D

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts