Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I've just purchased a 2009 VW Touareg V6 TDI and unfortunately it had an after market Radio head unit
So I am looking for an OEM NAVIGATION HEAD UNITE who supports Dynaudio, Rear Camera, North America Navigation ....
If you have one for sell please let me know.
Thank you everyone.

·
Registered
112 Posts
So you're looking for any RNS510 "A" "B" or "C" with a Touareg face trim plate. The RNS510 can be internally set to work with a Dynaudio or no amp or anything that VW came with.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you're looking for any RNS510 "A" "B" or "C" with a Touareg face trim plate. The RNS510 can be internally set to work with a Dynaudio or no amp or anything that VW came with.
to be honest with you I have no idea which one fits mine, will you please tell me what's the difference between the A, B and C. Thank you

·
Registered
112 Posts
You might be able to use a higher revision. But originally the Touareg only came with A B or C which has a firmware Max of 1142 and the exact same internal hardware. The hardware changes past C. The last letter in the part number is the revision.

·
Registered
112 Posts
The firmware 1142 is touareg version. The last number 2 is for Touareg. So 1140 is for all other models and 1142 is for Touareg.

That is North American RNS510 firmware.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you for all these informations
do you have any suggestions for after market head units that work better than OEM since these oem ones are so hard to find and expensive

·
Registered
112 Posts
They pop up once in a while. Any rns510 from any vw from roughly 2009-2010 as long as it's a A B or C version will work. Then a slight coding change internally to Touareg and update the firmware and your good to go.

I'm an aftermarket hater. I've had a few guys with after market units which back.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm going to be selling mine as soon as my replacement arrives. It's from a 2009 TDI: 7L6 035 684 B, HW: H01, SW: 0322, Manufactured 13.03.2009

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'm going to be selling mine as soon as my replacement arrives. It's from a 2009 TDI: 7L6 035 684 B, HW: H01, SW: 0322, Manufactured 13.03.2009
How much do you think you will ask for it and where are you located?

·
Registered
112 Posts
That's one of the problems now. VW has closed the radio pin portal. I used to be able to call VW and they would give me the pin over the phone. No longer. Hopefully it's in the booklet somewhere.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Before I disconnect mine I want to make sure the buyer can enter the PIN... I checked in my trunk and didn't find it. Any ideas where it's hidden?
No idea but I know they can be purchased on eBay and I don't mind doing that myself. So long as the radio works and no issues, that's all I care about. I also sent you a PM with my contact details.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts