Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checking interest on Rinspeed 22x10's (listing for a friend) were on Cayenne for VERY short time, literally a few days. Didnt like them and took them off and back in the boxes they went.

Asking $1,200. Literally brand new. Located in NJ.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really like them as well, if I didnt just powdercoat my rims I would consider putting them on in the summer. Figured someone on here would be interested. Anyone??? Offers??

·
Registered
605 Posts
The problem with these are they are all over ebay for between $799-$999, Im sure that the ones on ebay are the knock offs but most people don't care. They are nice wheels! Good luck with the sale!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the heads up. Not sure how much stock folks put into replicas vs originals. Open to offers.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Checking interest on Rinspeed 22x10's (listing for a friend) were on Cayenne for VERY short time, literally a few days. Didnt like them and took them off and back in the boxes they went.

Asking $1,200. Literally brand new. Located in NJ.
I need to ask a question...maybe it's simply something in the box below the rim, but whats wrong with the outter edge of the wheel in the upper left corner of the photo? Kind of looks like it was curbed?

Hoping thats just the picture...if they were anything other then 22's I'd consider them...Tires are just way too expensive.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I need to ask a question...maybe it's simply something in the box below the rim, but whats wrong with the outter edge of the wheel in the upper left corner of the photo? Kind of looks like it was curbed?

Hoping thats just the picture...if they were anything other then 22's I'd consider them...Tires are just way too expensive.

Actually, that is the plastic ring that covers the outside of the rim while being shipped. They are in the original boxes as you can see the plastic they came wrapped in as well. I have the rims in my garage now and they are in REALLY good shape. Small scratch on 1 of them, can take more detailed pics and email them if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
there's been a bunch of interest, thx everyone. i guess people like these rims! I will try and get some more pics later today. The wife, kids and job really get in the way of the important stuff!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
BigMM24, these are not OEM VW wheels, they are after market. Did you mean you don't think they are "original" Rinspeeds?
correct, non OEM Rinspeeds

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
correct, non OEM Rinspeeds
How would I determine if they are original Rinspeeds or not? They say Rinspeed on the face of the rims. I know there are knock offs of this style, but didnt think they would actually say Rinspeed on them.

Anyone with original Rinspeeds know how I determine if these are authentic?

·
Registered
211 Posts
compare the actual impression of the name 'rinspeed' to that of true wheels and they are completely different. knock-offs logo the lettering is narrow while the word is wider than true... check member IROCNparts #14 post here maybe its just my eyes :rolleyes:.... still nice wheels, don't get me wrong, i may get a set!!! eBay

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My apologies, as BigMM24 pointed out these are NOT original Rinspeeds. It was not my intention to mislead anyone on this post. I was aware there were knock offs out there but wasn't aware they actually said Rinspeed on them! (splitting hairs here but to me that's counterfeit, a knock off would resemble the real one without the actual name, like a Folex watch!!!) Anyway, I am debating on putting some tires on them now to see how they look, if folks are still interested please let me know.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts