Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a mouse related problem fixed as he ate some wiring under the intake along with a chunk of the small belt ( V10 ).
Today with a very loud explosion the right front corner collapsed. Could this be rat related?

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Anything is possible, but it is hard to get to the rubber bladder for the most part. Most of it is hidden behind a metal shield, unless you have the vehicle in the raised position.

The soybean wire insulation is so 2006. Future plans are to make wire insulation from cheese and peanut butter. The soybeans were giving the rats indigestion.

Also, we are going to make the tires out of processed acorns so that the squirrels can get into the fun. ;)

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks
I didn't think it was rat related...I have been feeding them at my neighbors. How common is this?
I have 126500 on the clock.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Do some searching. There are some options other then the dealer.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good advice. It's at the dealer now in Sacramento CA, only because it's easy to get Zurich to pay for at least one corner. Once I get it back I will take it to my local VW shop and talk to them about the other three.
Once I stopped at the Flagstaff VW dealer for a new radiator cap, not only did they not have one but they had not seen a V10 before. Interesting car

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Good advice. It's at the dealer now in Sacramento CA, only because it's easy to get Zurich to pay for at least one corner. Once I get it back I will take it to my local VW shop and talk to them about the other three.
Once I stopped at the Flagstaff VW dealer for a new radiator cap, not only did they not have one but they had not seen a V10 before. Interesting car
That's strange, we have a few V10's here and I have been going to this dealer since it opened. They are pretty good. I used them when I have to. I prefer them over any other shop in this pueblo! Maybe you just talked to the wrong guy. I have seen V10's in there many times. ;)

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you. This is comforting. I use it to tow an Airstream and the reason I bought of VW is because the success I have had with the dealer network. They did their best to find the problem which I thought was a bad cap and they couldn't detect anything. It was a bad water pump not the cap after all . I got it home OK and all is well.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I fully understand.
I thought my warranty would cover the repair but it's not and the cost is $4500

Ouch!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I would not bother with Used bags but struts maybe, if the mileage was right. I just bought 4 new struts for less than $400.00 my cost, bags you can buy from the link or just buy 2 fronts complete for 399 euro each. Super easy to install too. I find the dealers no more expensive than an Indy these days so either way, just no need to pay inflated prices for dealer parts like struts. Some items I only go to the dealer for. Water pumps, thermostats, some suspension stuff but anything I know that is just a relabel from the dealer like the sachs struts, I will buy those elsewhere. $100 more at the dealer makes no sense.

Or buy the struts through me and buy the bags from them. I will get you a good price. ;) This is not a tough decision. haha

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
You can go that route...then you end up doing the job over sooner than later, so you end up spending twice as much and working twice as hard.

Does not make sense to me.

I never, ever install used struts unless it's a strut no longer available and it's the only option!

*Most of the time the used strut has way way more miles than advertised as well. If they do supply "Mileage" it's always higher mileage and you might as well buy NEW!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts