Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my battery today and when I turned on the ignition with the new battery, I was surprised to see this in the display:

I'm talking about the ride height display icon in the upper right.

I don't recall seeing it there before the battery change. Prior to the battery change, I had changed several settings to ROW to enable MPH display in the cluster and to allow the disabling of daytime running lights and TPMS, so it's not in its' stock USA configuration.

The rest of my settings appear to be retained (footwell lighting, coming home times, etc.). But this display seems to be new as of the battery replacement where I did disconnect electric power for <1 minute.

This "new display" only shows in Off-road or Extra Height mode.

Does anyone else have this, too, or was it always there? LOL!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Mine displays whenever you change the ride height/damping settings until the desired level is achieved. It will remain on the screen if I'm in off road or extra height mode (possibly loading level too, I don't recall).

·
Super Moderator
9,562 Posts
Remains on only if in Offroad and Xxtra. Load level will stay on until you move more then I believe 5mph then it raises to normal level. Level display is not supposed to be on all the time. You have some sort of malfunction.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Weird. I never noticed it before. Yes, it disappears in "Auto" mode. Only shows in Offroad or Extra Height mode.

Interestingly, if left in Offroad mode and I go above a certain speed, (can't remember) it shows it lowering and then after a few minutes back at slower speeds, it tries to raise back up again. The lights on the knob, however, never change and remained in Offroad mode.

·
Super Moderator
9,562 Posts
45 mph is the limit. If you lock it in that height I believe it will not allow the car to go above 45.

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
45 mph is the limit. If you lock it in that height I believe it will not allow the car to go above 45.
Correct!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I wish I could get my digital display to show MPH, it will only show KPH, but yes the level display should be there, lol. Glad it's back after your battery reset.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts