Club Touareg Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Thanks Curious, can you upload a photo showing the location of the Redarc control knob please? My BIL is looking to have the same fitted some time soon.

Pete

·
Registered
205 Posts
Fantastic, thanks for that, they're a great unit in how they work and very discreet too.

I had one in my T3 and got one in my R50 now too and love them.

Pete

·
Registered
42 Posts
I use a clip-on reverse camera screen (Ebay, from china) which fits on the rear view mirror. It's powered from a fuse below the drivers knee, and when not switched on, is a normal rear view mirror (although tinted, but I don't find that an issue). When I plug the caravan camera into the cable connector next to the towbar, I switch the screen on and get a large rear view, just as if it was a mirror (it's actually much bigger than the standard mirror). The camera cable was run by the autoelec during the wiring job.
I tried using the in-car screen on my MY15, but video-in-motion prevented me. I'm sure that could be bypassed with a vagcom though. I like my solution because it uses the rear view mirror, which is usually redundant when towing a caravan anyway, and is therefore completely natural to use and leaves the car screen free for other uses.
In terms of the Towpro switch, my autoelec contacted Redarc who recommended the switch was fitted on the centre console, using a switch blank space. I think that blank will eventually be the stop/start switch, which is not fitted to the launch model.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts