I am not sure you can get the Sound and Comfort package without Innovation. I wanted that combo but no cars had that spec. The innovation is nice, but I didn’t see value in 8k for a big screen. Especially when I use CarPlay all the time and that massive screen only shows a cropped screen CarPlay window. But if you can get a good deal on the Innovation package (demo or when the car is older they will likely discount more) I think it’s a no brainer as it is cool.Great Post and should be useful for those looking to purchase. We have been absolutely over the moon with our new Touareg CR. Sadly no map based speed limits display in our HUD! (As Singh already knows). Other comments...
For those interested in purchasing...
- HUD disappears (or extremely hard to view even in snow mode) when wearing Polarized Sunglasses
- Some settings obscure in the menu settings such as
- Auto folding in of rear view mirrors when locking car (can be set individually within each driver profile)
- Feature where you can hold the lock on either door handle or remote to close mirrors and sunroof / feature also allows to open by holding down the unlock on remote
- Read the manual!
- As a first time VW owner, there are lots of standard VW features, but only be reading the manual do you uncover some of these such as
- Tilting passenger rear mirror when reversing
- Loading JPG/PNG images of the radio stations so your lovely screen doesn't have blank empty squares for each radio station (note, have the innovation package i.e. large screen. Disappointingly the logos are displayed quite small as they haven't catered in their software for the larger screen and are obviously sized for the smallest VW infotainment screen! (Arch!)
- I'm sure there are other lots of Easter eggs buried within the manual (not the easiest to read - but then again, none of them are!)
- So much tech, that after 2 months of ownership we are still coming to terms with it!
- We love the look of our car - White body with chrome/black 20" wheels (standard launch edition) Privacy glass all round except for front windows which we got tinted. It is currently the best looking car on the road (IMO) and it gets lots of looks from Audi Q7 owners!
I purchased a White CR Launch edition with Innovision and Sunroof package as well as a dealer fitted VW towbar. If I was purchasing now, I would purchase the following...
CR Premium, Sunroof and Sound & Comfort package. Why? Would cost slightly cheaper than the Launch Edition, but you would get. All of the Launch Edition extras (minus I think the massage front seats) plus Upgraded sound system (sub-woofer in boot), 360 deg camera view as well as heated rear seats and a BIGGER fuel tank 90ltrs up from 75ltrs (A must for those towing/touring).
Innovision pack? Well I have it and love it (maybe too strong a word... "like it") but is it really worth $8000? Probably not. Unfortunately the HUD is the most useful driving feature in this pack, but very hard to justify. (IMHO) - note: please do your own thorough research as this is based purely on my limited knowledge i.e don't take my word for it!
Lastly, I will head over shortly (one day) and post my finding/experience with towing. Towbar limits / Brake controllers and WDH (Weight Distribution Hitches).