Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so long story short, I had previously retrofitted side assist/heated/anti-dazzle/folding side mirrors on my 2008 Touareg which previously only had heated side mirrors. When I installed these I primarily installed as part of a side assist retrofit but now want to have the folding mirror and anti dazzle options(since I already have the painted mirrors installed). I bought the appropriate switch which has the folding selection, heated selection, and left and right control. When I torn the knob to the folding it turns off the puddle lights like it is preparing to fold but alas no motor noise to fold. I’m sure there is probably a + and - wire that need to be run to the door module but don’t have Elsa nor Bentley manuals. Anyone attempted this retrofit or have ideas as to how I can get this working? As I recall when I looked into this previously the door motor/module is the same in my car as those who have the features from the factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I have bench tested this retrofit in this thread but haven’t had the time to install it yet. I don’t plan to wire the switch as I don’t want to use the folding that way.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have bench tested this retrofit in this thread but haven’t had the time to install it yet. I don’t plan to wire the switch as I don’t want to use the folding that way.

Thank you so much, so if I'm wiring to the switch, do I need the relay? can wires be run from the mirror itself to the door motor and that be sufficient?

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Last time I tested I couldn’t get the trigger signal I needed to trigger the folding unfolding. The trigger signal is a pin ob the door module. +12 and ground are available at the door module so no wires are required from inside the car. I bought a set of 4 door modules which came off of a V10 so I hope they have the trigger pin (safe lock) I need. If not I will have to find another way of doing the mod. So for now it is on standby. Don’t go buying stuff and investing money till I finish my tests, maybe by the end of this year(2021).

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
And you can’t use the switch unless you are ready to wire it to the doors. And even that I don’t guarantee it to work as expected as the original switch has a login board built it. You will need a dummy switch which just cuts or sends the folding trigger to the motors.
And you need the relay with the dummy switch. By dummy I mean no circuit board and electronic voodoo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts