Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just starting to plan the Retrofitting of Tyre Pressure Monitoring to my 2008 V6DTI, as mine was not fitted with it from the factory. Yes I have heard all the horror stories but I also understand that the T2 ( Facelift) had an upgraded TPMS that is less problematic. Either way its a reasonable idea for a "Project".

Looking through ETKA and Elswin, I have worked out most of my "unknowns" save for the position of the central receiving antenna. (see attached marked in red).

Can somebody who has a T2 fitted with TPMS, send me a photo detailing the exact location for this component? At the moment I can't find any documentation showing the precise position.

Kind Regards
Stuart....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
well Stuart you the man
stuff being added us mere mortals could only dream about doing. :cool:

For the location of the antenna would not a T1 have it in the same location they are not that dissimilar are they?

Regards
Drag

·
Learner
5,021 Posts
Go Stuart, you are probably the only one who's adding value to their touareg each year :)
You will have a very unique vehicle by the end

I actually want to retrofit electric doors my multivan so anyway you can help would be great!

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well Stuart you the man
stuff being added us mere mortals could only dream about doing. :cool:

For the location of the antenna would not a T1 have it in the same location they are not that dissimilar are they?

Regards
Drag
The T1 system is completely different

Stu..

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Go Stuart, you are probably the only one who's adding value to their touareg each year :)
You will have a very unique vehicle by the end

I actually want to retrofit electric doors my multivan so anyway you can help would be great!

A man must have a hobby...

If the multivan had this ( in any region) as an option, then it should be straight forward. Best thing is to have a look at the part catalogue to see if/what parts are available..

Audi, Volkswagen, Skoda, Seat Parts Catalog (Teile Katalog) online BMW Ersatzteile

It will probably require hand mad wiring harnesses, but they are not generally that hard to do, and very easy to make "factory" looking.

The BIG project is still in design phase ( many more beers), and that is retro fitting Keyless Entry - Keyless Start. Which is the option I really would like. But that will be a project for early next year when I will have a little more time.

By then my Retrofit Project List will be;

Adaptive Cruise Control with Front Assist (done)
Paddle Shifter (done)
Towbar & Trailer Module (done)
Fiscon Bluetooth (done)
Reversing Camera (done)
Front Fog Lamps (done)
Redarc TowPro Brake Controller (done)
T1 Door Warning Lamps (done)
T1 Under Seat Drawer (done)
Alloy Skid Plate (done)
5ton Winch (done)
Cayenne (Green Dot) Front and Rear Sway Bars (done)
Performance Tune by Oettinger (done)
6 Piston Brembo Front Brake Callipers (done)
Side Assist (underway)
TPMS (planning)
Homelink Garage Door Controller (To Do)
Keyless Entry - Keyless Start (To Do)

Stuart..

·
Learner
5,021 Posts
A man must have a hobby... If the multivan had this ( in any region) as an option, then it should be straight forward. Best thing is to have a look at the part catalogue to see if/what parts are available.. Audi, Volkswagen, Skoda, Seat Parts Catalog (Teile Katalog) online BMW Ersatzteile It will probably require hand mad wiring harnesses, but they are not generally that hard to do, and very easy to make "factory" looking. The BIG project is still in design phase ( many more beers), and that is retro fitting Keyless Entry - Keyless Start. Which is the option I really would like. But that will be a project for early next year when I will have a little more time. By then my Retrofit Project List will be; Adaptive Cruise Control with Front Assist (done) Paddle Shifter (done) Towbar & Trailer Module (done) Fiscon Bluetooth (done) Reversing Camera (done) Front Fog Lamps (done) Redarc TowPro Brake Controller (done) T1 Door Warning Lamps (done) T1 Under Seat Drawer (done) Alloy Skid Plate (done) 5ton Winch (done) Cayenne (Green Dot) Front and Rear Sway Bars (done) Performance Tune by Oettinger (done) 6 Piston Brembo Front Brake Callipers (done) Side Assist (underway) TPMS (planning) Homelink Garage Door Controller (To Do) Keyless Entry - Keyless Start (To Do) Stuart..
That's a good list! Well done Stu!
Yes the multivan come with electric doors option, which now i think is a good option to tick.
Will look up, thanks mate

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
The Schrader add on system works great and installs easy. Four stems, your choice of wired or battery reader. It will give you pressure and temp on the run. I like to watch the temp come up with the pressure. Amazon has the kits.

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BUMP... Really looking for some help with finding out the location of this item....I believe it is under the vehicle somewhere to the right of centre..

Come on folks, I really need this..

Stuart..

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
What item is it stuart? I see the diagram but is it the main module or what. If so I know mine was above the emergency brake pedal. I think it was attached to the metal up above the pedal. It was in this location on my 2009 VW Passat CC and The 2008 Touareg. Looks like that's what is in your diagram.

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What item is it stuart? I see the diagram but is it the main module or what. If so I know mine was above the emergency brake pedal. I think it was attached to the metal up above the pedal. It was in this location on my 2009 VW Passat CC and The 2008 Touareg. Looks like that's what is in your diagram.
With the T2's, the TPMS had an additional antenna installed in addition to the unit for each wheel. This unit is centrally mounted and is about 4" x 1" in size.. I have attached a picture.. None of the documentation I have shows it actual mounting location.

Stuart..

Attachments

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
With the T2's, the TPMS had an additional antenna installed in addition to the unit for each wheel. This unit is centrally mounted and is about 4" x 1" in size.. I have attached a picture.. None of the documentation I have shows it actual mounting location. Stuart..
Stuart, I currently have my nav unit out in my 2008 T2 because I'm installing an iPod adapter but am waiting for a harness to arrive. When I get home from work tomorrow, I'll take a look in, around and under the dash for the antenna.

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Stuart, I currently have my nav unit out in my 2008 T2 because I'm installing an iPod adapter but am waiting for a harness to arrive. When I get home from work tomorrow, I'll take a look in, around and under the dash for the antenna.
Thanks Perry.

I believe it is actually under the vehicle. I have seen it on a Passat (same system) and it was under the vehicle.

Stuart...

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Thanks Perry. I believe it is actually under the vehicle. I have seen it on a Passat (same system) and it was under the vehicle. Stuart...
Then I'll drive it up on my ramps and take a look. Any idea where to begin looking?

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Then I'll drive it up on my ramps and take a look. Any idea where to begin looking?
I have an idea it is somewhere right of centre, probably near the auto/gearbox area, it should be attached to a metal plate which is the affixed to the body.

If you find it, a photo would be magnificent... !

Thanks Stu...

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
I have an idea it is somewhere right of centre, probably near the auto/gearbox area, it should be attached to a metal plate which is the affixed to the body. If you find it, a photo would be magnificent... ! Thanks Stu...
I'll check it out with a flashlight and camera and let you know what I find tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you!!!

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Well Stuart, I drove my T2 up on ramps, removed the plastic skid plate and looked everywhere under the vehicle with a flashlight and couldn't find the TPMS antenna. Unless it's mounted behind a heat shield (there are lots of the ) it's not there. Maybe under the plastic windshield cowl?

If you have any more ideas where to look, let me know.

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you for doing that. Looks like I will need to go back to VW to locate it. Sadly none of the reference source I have show its actual location. Electrically it is not a problem. Purely physical placement.

Thanks again for the help.

Stu....

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 34 Posts