Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we towed our travel trailer this holiday. 200 miles each way. Averaged 13mpg on the way down and 13.3mpg on the way home. I filled up after each time and hand calculated the mpg. I filled up last night and drove 180 miles today (mostly highway) and just stopped to refill. Calculated 14.2mpg. My previous few tanks have been 18-18.3mpg (mixed driving).

So here is my question. After towing do I need to reset the tranny/engine to get it back to thinking there is no load (ie trailer)? The tranny was not as smooth today as before I towed for the holidays. Open to ideas and suggestions.

Oh and yes the Touareg pulled like a champ, even know it is the 3.6L. I was very impressed with how it handles when towing!

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Why ask? The transmission reset takes 10 seconds and is free!! ;)

JFDI! !!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why ask? The transmission reset takes 10 seconds and is free!! ;) JFDI! !!
Did that this morning. Guess I will see if it helps. The process on the Touareg was slightly different than my Audi though, unless I misunderstood what I read. On the Audi after holding the pedal down for 10 sec I would turn the car off, then after removing the key I would release the depressed gas pedal.

Also is there a easy was to do a throttle body alignment (TBA) without the VCDS?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts