Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping for an exploded view diagram for the left-side rear seatback so I can work out how to pull the plastic backing panel out. My girls likely managed to get a pretzel bit or yogo ball in there... it's rolling back and forth behind the plastic panel in the rear-seat fold-down armrest nook and driving us nuts.

Incidentally I checked out the Bentley sensor reference archive here - all I can say it must be a nightmare engineering a modern car.

Thanks in advance,
Ryan

(btw 72,000 miles and running stronger than ever)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Close... Need something like that for the left-side rear seat back. Ideally a better drawing so I could make out where the attachment clips and such are. Probably doesn't exist any different than these parts-manual illustrations, but one can hope...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Honestly I haven't seen anything that detailed to date but here's another of the back seat with more detail.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm not sure if i understood you correctly, but see if this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea... there we go. That PDF is clear enough I can make out somewhat how the parts fit together (isolated my issue to something between pt #50 and #51).

Thank you both!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm trying to locate part #27 from this photo but I have no idea what to call it. Has anyone had to replace one of these little plastic brackets (I believe it supports the seatback when the rear seats are folded down)? Just curious if there's an online dealer that carries them before I contact the dealership. It's a simple part so I'm sure they'll be in the $300-$400 price range from VW.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I'm trying to locate part #27 from this photo but I have no idea what to call it. Has anyone had to replace one of these little plastic brackets (I believe it supports the seatback when the rear seats are folded down)? Just curious if there's an online dealer that carries them before I contact the dealership. It's a simple part so I'm sure they'll be in the $300-$400 price range from VW.
I bought part #27 a couple of months ago, in matching Teak color.

$12 from one of the online guys. Shipping otherwise kills you, but I ordered a ton of stuff at the same time.

I am curious as to what #60 is...

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
It's called a backrest support. We had to replace ours shortly after we got the Touareg after it shattered when the seat went down on the uncovered bracket it rests on while in the down position. The bracket should have a rubber cover. The dealer replaced it for us by taking it out of another vehicle :D

I bet you could find one in a junk yard or from someone on the board that is parting out their totaled car. It's held on by two phillips head screws.

Nancy

·
Registered
969 Posts
I bought part #27 a couple of months ago, in matching Teak color.

$12 from one of the online guys. Shipping otherwise kills you, but I ordered a ton of stuff at the same time.

I am curious as to what #60 is...
Part 60 is the VW beer the OP will need to consume after he rips apart his rear seats.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had to replace that part on my rear passenger seat. I bought mine from 1stvwparts.com. They call that part a "Retainer", and they sell it for $12.08 + $8.95 for shipping and you can get it in any of the interior colors.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just purchased this part this week from the dealer, part# 3B9 885 557 - 7D6 (teak color). It cost me $25.47 CDN. It probably would have been the same price if I ordered online for $12 and included the shipping to Canada which is usually pretty steep.

What I would like to find is the rubber piece that covers the metal tab that this retainer fits on to. Dealer couldn't see it as a separate part.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts