Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I tried to search this topic but keep getting a "database error" message.

I just replaced the upper control arms on my 2009 Touareg with 3.6 V-6 gas engine. The ball joints failed inspection at 78k miles. I purchased the parts from FCP Euro and did the job myself. Not too bad with access to a lift.

My question is this; is there a ride height specification that needs to be met before tightening the mounting bolts? I'm having new tires installed tomorrow and they will be performing an alignment after the completion of the tire installation. I'd like to be able to have them check and adjust the ride height if that's necessary.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

·
Registered
495 Posts
TJK1
When a suspension component is changed, especially one with a isolation type bushing, normal ride height is the height of the vehicle when sitting on all 4 tires under normal road going condition, only then are the bolts are tightened. Ride height is not adjustable on steel suspension, air suspension is as below.
my car (2011) - 200mm ride height
air suspension (2004- 2009)- 190mm or 215mm, depending on setting on dial
V10 - 237mm

Please update the info in the left margin as it is is very useful to know where you live (different country, different specs, model, year and additional info. You wouldn't believe the amount of info that members know and are happy to impart, as long as the info provided is as much as you can give.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
x2 on updating your membership details!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts