Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

2008 Touareg 2 V8 w/140K

Is replacing the PCV Valve / Oil Seperator / Crankcase Breather a DIY ??? Has anyone done it? I can't seem to find a walkthrough or video after searching on here about this project for a Touareg 2.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
606 Posts
I had to replace mine because it was causing a vacuum leak from the diaphragm being ripped.
Pretty straight forward repair, remove the 2 torx screws on the back and push off tube, with separator off remove factory hose clamp.
The challenge is not being able to see screws and having the exact tool set up to remove screws.
I used a small torx socket (1/2” in length) and short extension. You’ll need a new hose clamp, I used the screw on type, connect hose first, put some oil on O ring and press onto tube and replace screws

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
606 Posts
Yes, but I bought the $65 model

·
Registered
606 Posts
No, V8 FSI oil separator is next to firewall, drivers side. My finger is pointing at athe back side of the screws
IMG_2524.jpg

·
Registered
606 Posts
Awesome. I have located mine. So next steps would be to remove the screws & hoses? And then slide the PCV Valve unit up & out?
1. breather hose off oil separator from valve cover, squeeze tab and pull. 2. Tricky part, remove the 2 screws on the back side. A mirror helps. 3. Push off aluminum mount. 4. Lift up and remove hose clamp and hose off bottom nipple. Assemble in reverse order

·
Registered
606 Posts
Bderoziere, why are you replacing? Vacuum leak or oil leak.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am having a high pitched whine after car warms up/been driven awhile. Noise starts when I am NOT pressing gas, but rather when I let off of it. Noise continues if car is idle/at rest but goes away once gas is pressed. Hear noise at any speed below 40mph when gas is not pressed

I took it to dealer, and they diagnosed the PCV Valve as the potential issue. Not pay $1000+ for them to repair though.

You PCV Valve replacement instructions sound pretty straighforward - I will let you know how it goes and if it resolves said issue.

·
Registered
606 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Will also be attempting DIY on this item as well... Here is my plan... Thoughts?

#1 – locate oil separator/crankcase breather/pcv valve next to firewall, drivers side
#2 - remove the 2 torx screws on the back and push off tube (the challenge is not being able to see screws and having the exact tool set up to remove screws, I suggest using a mirror & a small torx socket (1/2” in length) and short extension)
#3 - with separator now off remove factory hose clamp (you will need a new hose clamp – screw on type is fine)
#4 – install new oil separator/crankcase breather/pcv valve
#5 – reconnect to factory hose and use new hose clamp
#6 - apply some oil on the O ring and press back onto tube
#7 – reattach screws

1 - 13 of 13 Posts