Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I just bought a 2005 3.0 V6 TDI Touareg (its a amazing car!) and it has the attached Navi Unit.
After doing a lot of research on the web and with the local VW dealership here in Bulgaria. We have find that the Navi Cd's for Bulgaria, cover only 5 main streets for Varna. So think its time for a upgrade

Does anyone know what the common upgrades are for this unit (VW or aftermarket)? I would like to be able to get the latest Eastern Europe maps, rear camera, Bluetooth / Handsfree if possible, What after market options are popular? and would they need any further modification? If so what else would I need to purchase etc

Thanks for the help! and have a great day

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Erisin-Quad-Core-Android-5-1-Car-GPS-Wifi-3G-DAB-DTV-In-For-VW-Touareg-4742EU

Try this on eBay. I bought one and with Google maps installed it updates traffic info constantly and comes with a micro SD card with any maps you like installed. I went for UK and Europe, have not tried Bulgaria yet.
All you desire is on here or can be added at low cost. Camera etc software is included and switches with reverse. Front camera requires another micro SD card (slot is on the front too.)
Great pictures and works with my phone too.
Hope this is of some interest. But get help with the set-up unledd you are IT savvy.
Chris.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks HiFi Chris,
Exactly what i'm looking for, just 2 quick questions 1/ No more additional items to buy to get it working in the car, apart from the rear camera 2/ maybe asking to much here but does it have steering wheel controls.. or at least Volume...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Full steering wheel controls work. Rear camera switches with gear select and turns sat-nav off so you can vue camera screen. Nothing else necessary, but I bought an internet dongle for google maps and to read my e.mails etc and synchronise with my phone for wi-fi and bluetooth etc. Wi-fi is included in the radio, not extra cost.
Picture is excellent, sat-nav is brilliant and DVD picture is crisp and colourfull. I did not bother with the TV, but the digital radio plug in works very well and gives me dozens of great new radio stations here in the UK.
Compared with a top brand unit at 3 times the price, I think this one is equally as good. Chris.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Before you buy it, you need to know, only 4 of your speakers will work. It looks like the OP has the CD based navigation system, which has the digital amplifier and 11 speakers. Any aftermarket head unit won't work with the amplifier.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
134 Posts
Before you buy it, you need to know, only 4 of your speakers will work. It looks like the OP has the CD based navigation system, which has the digital amplifier and 11 speakers. Any aftermarket head unit won't work with the amplifier.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
yeah that was my question. I have the 11 speaker amplified system also and am interested in something similar.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a 5 year old daughter, Im sure she will make up for the missing 7 speakers, when she's singing....LOl, many thanks for the info

1 - 9 of 9 Posts