Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Always loved the touareg and managed to bag myself a beauty of a 2004 3.2 v6. I'm now replacing front suspension and wondered if anyone has ever poly bushed theirs. For obvious reasons I'd love to future proof my suspension by poly bushing it, does anyone on here have links to companies that supply the kits or even the individual bushes, don't particularly mind if I have to replace as I go instead of doing it all at once. Cheers

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
God no! Don't bother! It will make your nice touareg ride like a dump truck. New rubber will last longer and give you a renewed suspension feel.

I have and used poly in other cars and will say it ruined them, all! If your into a hard uncomfortable ride, with lots of noise by all means. Also poly needs to be maintained while rubber does not. The poly need grease and typically that grease collects dirt, then deforms the bushing, you will replace far sooner than you would rubber. Rubber will last 100K miles in clean conditions. Poly way less, I mean way less.

I recommend OEM bushings this is not a race car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts