Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, I have a 04 v6 gas. I hit a deer, and I need to replace the entire front bumper, even the stuff that didn't break is to old to use. I have purchased the bumper cover, the bumper filler, the bracket below the headlight. New fog light inserts and a new spoiler, wheel well. I am a slot parts tech by trade so I found the parts I needed at various sites. My mechanic is wanting the bumper cover support that attaches directly to the cover, the right side is destroyed by the deer, the left is brittle. I can not find this anywhere, not in any exploded view at VW parts. My question, is this only used at the factory and I wont be able to find a replacement? Has anyone replaced the cover and spoiler, they are two separate parts, the support I'm looking for seems to help hold the spoiler to the bumper. Will the small tabs be enough to hold it together?

Thanks for any input

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Hi Everyone, I have a 04 v6 gas. I hit a deer, and I need to replace the entire front bumper, even the stuff that didn't break is to old to use. I have purchased the bumper cover, the bumper filler, the bracket below the headlight. New fog light inserts and a new spoiler, wheel well. I am a slot parts tech by trade so I found the parts I needed at various sites. My mechanic is wanting the bumper cover support that attaches directly to the cover, the right side is destroyed by the deer, the left is brittle. I can not find this anywhere, not in any exploded view at VW parts. My question, is this only used at the factory and I wont be able to find a replacement? Has anyone replaced the cover and spoiler, they are two separate parts, the support I'm looking for seems to help hold the spoiler to the bumper. Will the small tabs be enough to hold it together?

Thanks for any input
Hallo,

would be great to see some photos, so your readers can comprehend what part you are looking for. :-k Is it numbered on the drawings below?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do notice the numbers are different. I ordered from vw vortex. the bumper cover is #1 and that is it. I notice on yours it is numbered 20/22, yet only points to the cover. What is 22 when I'm assuming 20 is the cover. Oh wait... I bet it is for headlight washer or no headlight washer on the cover??

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I do notice the numbers are different. I ordered from vw vortex. the bumper cover is #1 and that is it. I notice on yours it is numbered 20/22, yet only points to the cover. What is 22 when I'm assuming 20 is the cover. Oh wait... I bet it is for headlight washer or no headlight washer on the cover??
Let's stick to vortex then.
What is 22 when I'm assuming 20 is the cover.
It's vortex No. 13 equivalent. "Bracket". Parts ID 7L6807361 and 7L6807362 (left and right). BRACKET for 2004 Volkswagen Touareg|7L6-807-361

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm not actually doing it, mine was hit with a deer. My mechanic is ok with it, he just needs these final brackets that didn't come with the cover when I order it. I ordered the cover and spoiler from rock auto. Looks to me to be a couple screws and some snapping/sliding into place, but I'm not a mechanic i'm a slot tech.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Usually all it is is a few screws and clips.
The trick is making sure you found them all before giving it that last hard pull (which tears out the ones you missed).

Also, sometimes there are little tricks that make the job MUCH easier.
I know my A6 is about 1/2 the time knowing the tricks vs. the "official" way.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I purchased the pair of #13, what is with that detail? It looks nothing like the part. I bought them basically because I have purchased everything else on the exploded view.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I purchased the pair of #13, what is with that detail? It looks nothing like the part. I bought them basically because I have purchased everything else on the exploded view.
You're too fast in decision making. I just replied on your question
What is 22 when I'm assuming 20 is the cover.
before you posted the pictures. Nothing there actually. Sorry, for that mishap. Have you received the bumper cover part#1? Just an assumption, may be the detail you are looking for is just an integral part of the bumper?
Couldn't find anything better than below image, nevertheless, look, even the colour is different. Looks similar.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, I have the bumper cover, the spoiler, both fog light housings and new lights, I bought the support that goes below the head light. I guess if the parts I receive tomorrow aren't right I'm gonna have to find a used bumper. Sucks cause I have a lot of money tied up in this already.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.