Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

my 2009 Touareg 2 V6 has a broken windshield washer hose. One hose is split lengthwise close to the hood hinge, the other one split open when I gently touched it to investigate the other problem. The hoses seem to be generally in a very brittle state.
How hard is it to replace the hose? I saw the OEM hose 1J0955751D. Any other parts I should replace while doing this? Do these hoses go all the way up to the nozzles, or is there a connector in the hood? There is a rubber grommet where both hoses go into the hood, all taped up with black tape. I got my car used under warranty, so I assume this must be original or dealer-fixed.

I didn't find any instructions or youtube videos for this job, please let me know if you have tips or if there are instructions from other cars which are very similar.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
The hood end is not difficult to access after removing the underhood pad. The reservoir end is not so easy as it requires wheel well removal first and then dropping the reservoir and pulling it forward to access the hoses, not simple even with the fender off because of the electrical harness attached behind to the body.
i just slipped a piece of silicone hose from my espresso machine supply over the broken place at the apex where it flexes the most. So far so good.

·
Registered
2006 Touareg V6
16 Posts
The hood end is not difficult to access after removing the underhood pad. The reservoir end is not so easy as it requires wheel well removal first and then dropping the reservoir and pulling it forward to access the hoses, not simple even with the fender off because of the electrical harness attached behind to the body.
i just slipped a piece of silicone hose from my espresso machine supply over the broken place at the apex where it flexes the most. So far so good.
What diameter of silicone hose did you use? Could the entire hose be replaced by a silicone hose?

·
Registered
2005 Touareg - 3.2L BMX
564 Posts
The hoses connect directly to the spray nozzle head hose. Not hard to replace hoses. I replaced my entire hood and the hoses and spray head. Hardest part was feeding the hose which runs internal to rim of hood to driver side. The hose is only 1/8 inch wrapped in black fabric. The actual connection to spray nozzle ( and part of the nozzle) is flexible hose that connects to a rigid plastic elbow connected to the wrapped hose from tank. The spray head includes flexible line and the electrical connector.

·
Registered
2006 Touareg V6
16 Posts
The hoses connect directly to the spray nozzle head hose. Not hard to replace hoses. I replaced my entire hood and the hoses and spray head. Hardest part was feeding the hose which runs internal to rim of hood to driver side. The hose is only 1/8 inch wrapped in black fabric. The actual connection to spray nozzle ( and part of the nozzle) is flexible hose that connects to a rigid plastic elbow connected to the wrapped hose from tank. The spray head includes flexible line and the electrical connector.
Thank you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts