Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i am looking for some budget replacement tyres for my touareg 2007 which currently have these tyres:

275 45 r 19 108 y continental 4x4 sportcontact

any idea on a good budget replacement to go for? I am based in the UK and most appreciate the forum knowledge!

I have seen these online at National Tyres but never heard of the brand Yokohama

regards viz

·
Super Moderator
9,441 Posts
Yokohama's are really nice performance tires, but I am not up on their SUV tires. I guess they are not very popular in the UK if you never heard of them.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
There are quite a few guys here in SA running 19" Yokohama's on their Tregs. AFAIK they are very good. Quiet and excellent in the wet, but don't expect high mileage.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have Toyo Proxes...just done 73 thousand kilometers on them and will be getting another set in February. Great value and great ride
2006 R5 with a few bits and pieces....
ps hope they are available in the UK

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi, thanks for the messages. I did not get a chance today to call the tyre fitters but will give them a bell tomorrow to ask them also.

regards

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just to let you know - I ended up getting 4 new continental 4x4 sportcontact tyres instead of the budget ones for 200 quid each from Cardiff. I believe I saved about 80 quid a tyre compared to say getting them from London. They did not have the Yokohama in stock and I needed tyres because of the snow conditions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts