Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
421 Posts
The tire is only 10cm (1/2") wider but the overall diameter of the 275/45/19 is 28.7" to the 265/50/19 being 29.5", you need to do 4 new ones at same time and your speedometer may be off.

I think others have done this, maybe somebody will confirm.

· Registered
193 Posts
I am running 255/55 r19 because when researching the tire height vs speedo correction this tire height brought the speedo to within 1 mph (less) of GPS. The Nitto NT 421Q has shown to be a great tire for towing, I got almost 50k out of the last set. Ended the tire life doing a lot of highway speed non towing in sport mode and corded the inside shoulder. I always try to run around town in offroad mode to even out the wear pattern.

· Registered
421 Posts
The Nokian WRG3 seems like you are looking to get a tire that has improved winter performance like a snow tire but can be driven all year round, do you get a lot of snow where you are in NJ ?

Toyo makes a similar tire in the 265/50/19 size https://www.treaddepot.com/#!productDetail/tireStandardFitment/128160 https://www.toyotires.com/tire/pattern/celsius-cuv-variable-condtions-tire-0

I would not go an 1" smaller in overall diameter, there is a lot of room in the wheel well to fill up and you may be surprised how small going only 1" smaller overall diameter may look when all 4 are on the Touareg.

Is there an option in your preferred tires that has a slightly larger overall diameter?

If you are not towing regularly the changed final ratio for cruising at highway speed will not be a factor

· Registered
20,262 Posts
x2 on sticking to the standard 29 inches overall wheel/tire diameter, or going slightly larger.

· Registered
87 Posts
My 04 V10 is running Everest wheels with 275x45x19 tyres seems it was a factory option in Europe as the VW tyre pressure sticker on the door jamb shows the permitted tyre sizes for the wheels....... I use general grabber ft tyres, very good in snow and superb in rain, also quiet at speed and great price..... But sidewalls are incredibly weak so you need to be careful off road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
87 Posts
My 04 V10 is running Everest wheels with 275x45x19 tyres seems it was a factory option in Europe as the VW tyre pressure sticker on the door jamb shows the permitted tyre sizes for the wheels....... I use general grabber ft tyres, very good in snow and superb in rain, also quiet at speed and great price..... But sidewalls are incredibly weak so you need to be careful off road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
18 Posts
One of the reasons i went down to 18's was because I was unhappy with the Pirelli 19" option for all-seasons. Rode and drove fine but the noise was too high. Went to 18x8 on BBS wheels with some Dunlop tires -- quite quiet. If you can get a decent tire to go on the 19's I like the way it DRIVES better on the 19's.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.