Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has managed to lose her key to our '14 TDI Reg. I see they can be purchased all over the interwebs but is there a DYI on how to program a new on on your own or do you have to take it to the dealer?

FYI: Before you chastise me for a questions thats probably been asked 1000 times I cannot search the forums. Keep getting a database error. :grin2:

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
To answer your question - replacement key MUST be adapted by a dealer.
RE: searches - possibly increasing your number of posts to a number greater than 5 [or more?] - two word posts are OK and they don't have to make any sense - will make all the features of the site accessible to you. Administrator should chime in if this is not true.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
The VW dealership will be able to obtain a new programmed KESSY fob, along with the appropriately cut emergency key. It will take some time, but it is the only reliable way to get a replacement that will function properly. They will need you VIN, and to sight and confirm your ownership (registration papers), prior to ordering it.
We went through this buying a third (spare) KESSY for ours.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
My wife has managed to lose her key to our '14 TDI Reg. I see they can be purchased all over the interwebs but is there a DYI on how to program a new on on your own or do you have to take it to the dealer?

FYI: Before you chastise me for a questions thats probably been asked 1000 times I cannot search the forums. Keep getting a database error. :grin2:
Just go to your dealer. It's not cheap but you'll get the right key that works. Others may appear telling you to do this and try that - don't waste your time and don't delay as Sod's Law might kick in and you can't find the remaining key!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts